New student pilot in training!

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
My niece, Lindsay, has taken her second lesson here at OSH. She's flying a Beech Sundowner and says she'll try to check into the Board here on occasion.

Best,

Dave

Last edited:
Great Dave. Hi Lindsay - good for you! If you have any questions about aviation just ask your Uncle Dave. He knows most of it. :yes::D

Well, don't know if we're going to be able to get her on here; the verification program keeps thowarting our efforts! Keeps stating the strings don't match. We can't really tell upper from lower case on my notebook.

Oh, well.

Best,

Dave

Last edited:
She flying with Steve Davis at Aviation Services? Steve is a character, and I have a bunch o time in 61S from doing my IFR training. I wish her luck on her Private.

Pete

Well, don't know if we're going to be able to get her on here; the verification program keeps throarting or efforts! Keeps stating the strings don't match. We can't really tell upper from lower case on my notebook.

Oh, well.

Best,

Dave

Try again when you're sober:p

My nice, Lindsay, has taken her second lesson here at OSH. She's flying a Beech Sundowner and says she'll try to check into the Board here on occasion.
Dave, that's wonderful! Tell her I'm happy for her! And if she needs another mentor, have her shoot me an email. Lindsay is a delightful young lady...I enjoyed spending time with her. :yes:

Dave, that's wonderful! Tell her I'm happy for her! And if she needs another mentor, have her shoot me an email. Lindsay is a delightful young lady...I enjoyed spending time with her. :yes:
Hi Diana, Thanks for the note. It was very nice seeing you guys this summer. I am so excited to be finally starting! Hopefully by next year I can go up with you and know kinda what is happening! Look forward to your mentoring, sometimes women need another woman to help her understand things. Lindsay

Hi Diana, Thanks for the note. It was very nice seeing you guys this summer. I am so excited to be finally starting! Hopefully by next year I can go up with you and know kinda what is happening!
Hi Lindsay! I'm sorry that we didn't get a chance to fly this summer, but hopefully we'll get a chance to fly together sometime in the near future. :)

Look forward to your mentoring, sometimes women need another woman to help her understand things. Lindsay
You are so right about that. :) Just let me know anytime you want to visit. :yes: I'm looking forward to hearing about your lessons, and what you are thinking and feeling about your flying. :)

She flying with Steve Davis at Aviation Services? Steve is a character, and I have a bunch o time in 61S from doing my IFR training. I wish her luck on her Private.

Pete

Thanks Pete. Yep, she's flying with Steve. Got to see the plane and meet him yesterday.

Dave

Very cool Dave.

Thanks Adam. We'll see if she gets time to get on here. We're going to fly a bit this morning before I point it back to Dallas. Looks like strong headwinds all the way home today.

Best,

Dave

Cool...

Steve has some great stories from flying DC-3s for Basler. You or Lindsay should ask him bout his impromptu airborne avionics maintenance in the DC-3. Apparently there is a malfunctioning radio at the bottom of lake Winnebago somewhere :)

Looks pretty windy around here today

FT 3000 6000 9000 12000 18000 24000 30000 34000 39000
DBQ 2152 2545+14 2134+09 2156+03 2468-10 2570-24 257440 258050 247754
Dubuque IA [DBQ]
GRB 2443 2222+10 2246+08 2353+03 2454-12 2579-25 257941 269350 258955
Green Bay WI [GRB]
LSE 2236 2019+11 2238+09 2248+03 2455-12 2469-24 248541 259951 249355
La Crosse WI [LSE]

Pete

Hi Lindsay! I'm sorry that we didn't get a chance to fly this summer, but hopefully we'll get a chance to fly together sometime in the near future.

With any luck, Lindsay will be landing a plane at Gaston's before Uncle Dave gets brave/reckless enough to try it in the 58P. That could be the first in a long line of Lindsay beating Dave at his own game.:yes:. And perhaps some day she'll be "rescuing" Dave from Mexico.[/quote]

I'm looking forward to hearing about your lessons, and what you are thinking and feeling about your flying.

As do many of us here at PoA. Lindsay, I'm pleased to learn you've started, I figured it was inevitable in your case (smart adventurous young woman with an uncle like Dave).

Dave, very happy to hear that! You must be really proud.

Then again, with some teenagers it's "can I borrow the car keys". Pretty soon Lindsay will want to borrow the Baron:yes:. Knowing Dave, I wouldn't be surprised if he let her (once she's qualified).

But the best part for Dave will be that pretty soon Lindsay can be a real co-pilot for Dave on their flying adventures.

Note to Lindsay: You go girl! And if you have any questions (about flying) I'd enjoy helping you find the answers.

If Lindsay is looking for some "stick time" I know a plane up for the task...;) .

I might be in OSH in January for the mid-winter WB volunteers meeting. If the wx cooperates. I'll contact you later when plans get more finalized and see if a familiarization flight can be arranged.

Back