New SSI for Mayport FL, reoccurring

Brad W

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
BLW2
I received the following notice from the folks at the local airport:

A Special Security Instruction (SSI) airspace is scheduled for Tuesday, December 14, 2021 (see attached). Plans could change, but there will be a NOTAM published.

SSIs are treated like a Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs)… “squawk and talk”. Eventually this operation will be a daily occurrence, most likely beginning sometime in 2022.

Please check the NOTAMs for any changes or additional operations.

The drones are coming!

Attachments

• TRITON SSI.pdf
    820.1 KB · Views: 26
I was just browsing the chart on skyvector.com (becasue of the recent decommissioned VOR thread)....and just like pretty much anytim a chart or map gets in front of my face I go all ADD ....oo, a map...and start panning arround.

Anyway, teh TFR's over Mayport caught my eye again...and I noticed that they go active soon. I was camping up near there just a few weeks ago and I was kicking myself for not checking to see if they were active then, as a clue in that I should keep my eyes open to spot one of those drones in flight.... anyway, my mind drifted to wondering how many other military bases have similar approach corridor TFR's like this...and just a quick scan around the chart, shows no others.

Back