New spin video from Microsoft's new flight simulator!

I'm sure you know already, but you can get the Saitek Throttle Quadrant for 59.99 at several shops... I might even double that up for twin training if I can get a used one somewhere. View attachment 79836

Here is the real temptation that I am resisting...for now lol.
Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals

Also these:

And finally:
Add these puppies to your temptation LOL.
A few months ago, I became the proud owner of S/N: 0007. My new name is James Bond;).

The Slaw Device-RX Viper (version 2) in Black and silver. Imported from Poland. Not only are these sexy beauties a work of art, they are solid and built like a tank! These things are the perfect addition to my simpit and they fit perfectly. They feel solid in DCS World, X-Plane 11 and AFS2. I'm in love!

Also bought a damper and attached it as shown in the video. The damper is worth adding.
"Numerous sources online (as well as Oziabło himself) indicated that the Vipers are a lot better with a damper in place, so I picked up a $30 motorcycle steering damper and affixed it to the pedals’ damper mount, using the parts kit that Oziabło helpfully included with the pedals.

The damper changes the characteristic of the pedals’ activation. It’s almost like editing the response curve, except you’re altering the actual physical force instead of the electronic interpretation of it. With the damper in place, the pedals offer more consistent resistance across the entire range of movement while still keeping that movement easy and frictionless. Full engagement from detent to detent is still easy but also feels modulated and controlled. The pedals also recenter without any rebounding—you can engage them to either detent and let your foot go quickly, and they recenter without bouncing or complaint. The dampers make the pedals feel almost exactly like the controls I got to fiddle with last December when sitting in the cockpits of several Cold War jets—smooth and weighty."

I hate unboxing videos (why people feel the need to record themselves taking **** out of boxes and plastic rap is beyond me), but here they are in their glory.

https://www.technoexpress.net/new-year-new-500-pedals-reviewing-the-slaw-device-rx-viper.html

Last edited:
Keypad 9, keypad 3 *ducks* lol. I’ve got a Saitek joystick that has a throttle lever built in but I’d rather use the yoke and deal with keyboard shortcuts until the Honeycomb Bravo comes out. I don’t have rudder pedals, either, so the auto-coordination is always on.
I went ahead and ordered the honeycomb yoke and ordered the Saitek single throttle quadrant for $59. I’m too impatient to wait for honeycombs throttle quadrant.
Thanks for the PIREP.

Very nice, you won’t be disappointed.

Since I’ve been so busy with work (currently in Dubai) and family stuff and haven’t had the Honeycomb yoke out more than the initial trial run, I have plenty of time to wait. I haven’t even had FSX on a computer for a few years, so I’m good with holding out for now.

For me, I’d always flown with a Saitek joystick which works well, but I actually want to simulate the yoke style of the aircraft I actually fly, so it makes the most sense for me.

Back