Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
Once again, when you go to:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com

What do you get?
1) A message about the site moving, and then automatic redirect to the working forums.
2) A message about the migration being underway, with a link to the working site, but no automatic redirect.
3) The working PoA site.

Please EVERYONE vote - the more responses we get the better picture I have about whether I can proceed.

Re: New Site Status poll - 12/25/2007 ***PLEASE VOTE***

None of the above.

On one computer it works fine.

On the other, I submit my log info in at poa.COM, see it processing on poa.NET, then land at the poa.COM home page without being logged in (log-in form is present and blank). But, when I then, manually, take myself to poa.NET, I arrive already logged in.

None of the above.

On one computer it works fine.

On the other, I submit my log info in at poa.COM, see it processing on poa.NET, then land at the poa.COM home page without being logged in (log-in form is present and blank). But, when I then, manually, take myself to poa.NET, I arrive already logged in.
The second issue is unrelated to this poll.

What I need to know is when you go to http://www.pilotsofamerica.com, do you see the forum home page, or a message about the move?

Thats *all* I need to know, and I'm not addressing any other issues *until* everyone is getting the forum home page, because ONLY then can I change the DNS registry and put the working site back to being a .com site.

The second issue is unrelated to this poll.

What I need to know is when you go to http://www.pilotsofamerica.com, do you see the forum home page, or a message about the move.

What do you get?
1) A message about the site moving, and then automatic redirect to the working forums.
2) A message about the migration being underway, with a link to the working site, but no automatic redirect.
3) The working PoA site.

Sorry - I thought you wanted to know whether I got "the working PoA site."

Last edited:

Sorry - I thought you wanted to know whether I got "the working PoA site."
Yes, this *is* the working site, and you still haven't voted, so I still need to know.

I know some things aren't working. I can't do anything about that *until* the DNS entry changes I made last friday have proliferated to everyone.

I'm posting these polls because I'm *trying* to get the non-functioning pieces working again as soon as I can without affecting anyone's ability to actually get to the site. If I flip the wrong switch too soon, it could really screw some people up.

What you need to understand is that telling me that you went to poa.COM or poa.NET tells me .NOTHING. I'm asking a specific question for a very specific reason, and I really do not need or want to know any more than the answer to that question, cause no additional information will help until I can change the new site back to being .COM driven.

So I JUST need to know what you get when you go to .COM - JUST when you first go to .COM. Subsequent clicks on any other links just send you here no matter what.

So I appreciate that some of you are frustrated that some pieces aren't working, believe me, but I'm just as frustrated, and we all just need to be patient together until the time comes when I *can* start setting things right and then see what doesn't work after that.

Yes, this *is* the working site, and you still haven't voted, so I still need to know.

I know some things aren't working. I can't do anything about that *until* the DNS entry changes I made last friday have proliferated to everyone.

I'm posting these polls because I'm *trying* to get the non-functioning pieces working again as soon as I can without affecting anyone's ability to actually get to the site. If I flip the wrong switch too soon, it could really screw some people up.

What you need to understand is that telling me that you went to poa.COM or poa.NET tells me .NOTHING. I'm asking a specific question for a very specific reason, and I really do not need or want to know any more than the answer to that question, cause no additional information will help until I can change the new site back to being .COM driven.

So I JUST need to know what you get when you go to .COM - JUST when you first go to .COM. Subsequent clicks on any other links just send you here no matter what.

So I appreciate that some of you are frustrated that some pieces aren't working, believe me, but I'm just as frustrated, and we all just need to be patient together until the time comes when I *can* start setting things right and then see what doesn't work after that.

OK - I'll answer the poll with the question (and choices) as you've described it; clearly (or maybe not so) I misinterpreted it as written.

If it wasn't for these polls I wouldn't even notice that you were making changes. Everything looks normal to me.

At this point I'm waiting to see if even one person is getting hit with #2. If everyone who votes by tomorrow morning is getting #3, then its back to .com we go. :D

Even on government servers I am getting #3. Thanks!

Oh...er...guess I should finish my lunch and get back to work.

Needs a 4th option. Site appears to work fine, but continually logged out at every page viewed.

Needs a 4th option. Site appears to work fine, but continually logged out at every page viewed.
Now that we're back on the .com site, try it again. If you're still having troubles, clear the cookies from both pilotsofamerica.net and pilotsofamerica.com and see if that fixes it for you. I had something similar, and clearing cookies helped.

Ya didn't get reamed till ya got rude.

Rude?
Honestly, I thought you meant "working" PoA site (which, for me, on that computer, was not what I would call "working"); I did not interpret option #3 to mean "forum home page."

I appreciate the work you're doing and am glad this forum is available.

If I misinterpreted the meaning of your comment as being rather sarcastic in its tone, I apologize.

Back