New set of plug wires

bahama flier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
bahama flier
:confused:I looked at my plug wires, they looked old and ragged, but worked fine. AP told me better change them just to be sure. I got a set, told the AP I would put them on and he could inspect. He laughed and said OK.

What was I thinking!!!! It did not look hard, just a set of wires,, I had put wires on my car,, no problem..

I had to use my grandson with his agile hands and patience, I lost my patience and my old hands did not want to work well.

Well I was determined to do everything very good, no matter how long it took.

With two of us it took about 8 hours, but it was done right, nice neat and clean... what a pain in the ass,, now I know why the AP laughed.

If I live long enough, next wire change will be done by someone else,,, just saying..

:confused:I looked at my plug wires, they looked old and ragged, but worked fine. AP told me better change them just to be sure. I got a set, told the AP I would put them on and he could inspect. He laughed and said OK.

What was I thinking!!!! It did not look hard, just a set of wires,, I had put wires on my car,, no problem..

I had to use my grandson with his agile hands and patience, I lost my patience and my old hands did not want to work well.

Well I was determined to do everything very good, no matter how long it took.

With two of us it took about 8 hours, but it was done right, nice neat and clean... what a pain in the ass,, now I know why the AP laughed.

If I live long enough, next wire change will be done by someone else,,, just saying..

Plug wires on a plane is called a "harness"....

And yeah.. it is not easy to get them sanitary.....:rolleyes:

It's all about,repetition. The more you do it the better you get.

Back