New server problem thread (Jan 10, 2016)

jason

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Jason W (FlyNE)
Please use this thread to report any issues that may arise after the migration to our new server. These should be errors that you encounter trying to do things that you know worked before the migration.

This thread should NOT be used to report issues by new members (problems posting links/attachments/etc). These should only be things that you know used to work and now they do not.

Also, we do request that this thread be kept fairly clean. We will be monitoring this thread very closely for issues that may arise and extra banter will just cause us extra work. We will post back here when I've seen the problem report and also when it has been resolved. As always, we expect plenty of banter around the rest of the board. :D

The server will be migrated at 10:00 PM CST on Jan. 10, 2016

UPDATE: We're now running on the new server. Let us know in this thread if you notice any issues (10:15 PM CST)

Last edited:
Have a weird issue - front page shows login option as if I'm not logged in. Logging in returns me back to the homepage as if not logged in.

But if I go to any subsequent pages (click any of the header links), I'm logged in. This is new behavior.

Have a weird issue - front page shows login option as if I'm not logged in. Logging in returns me back to the homepage as if not logged in.

But if I go to any subsequent pages (click any of the header links), I'm logged in. This is new behavior.

Can you screenshot it and send it to me in a PM? I especially need the address bar to be part of the screenshot. I noticed something last night but thought I had it fixed.

Does it look the same way if you use a different browser? (looking to make sure it's not some sort of caching issues)

Can you screenshot it and send it to me in a PM? I especially need the address bar to be part of the screenshot. I noticed something last night but thought I had it fixed.

Does it look the same way if you use a different browser? (looking to make sure it's not some sort of caching issues)

Can't send a screenshot, unfortunately, since its work - but you're onto it.

pilotsofamerica.com causes the problem, www.pilotsofamerica.com does not.

Noticed the same thing. If I just plug in

pilotsofamerica.com

I get to the login page.

If I put in

www.pilotsofamerica.com

I get the page already logged in.

Firefox 43.0.4

Attachments

• pilotsofamerica.JPG
    pilotsofamerica.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 15
  • www_pilotsofamerica.JPG
    www_pilotsofamerica.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OK. Thanks for the report. That makes total sense. I know what I need to fix and I'll work on it tonight.

Noticed the same thing. If I just plug in

pilotsofamerica.com

I get to the login page.

If I put in

www.pilotsofamerica.com

I get the page already logged in.

Firefox 43.0.4

This should now be fixed.

What happened to the old server problem thread?

There is a server problem: Nothing major went wrong during the conversion, and things seem to work fine. Unnoticeable down time.

That's almost unheard of in the IT world.

thanks, Jason, for your hard work and excellent job in making the transition!

:yes::yes:

The performance seems improved too!

There is a server problem: Nothing major went wrong during the conversion, and things seem to work fine. Unnoticeable down time.

That's almost unheard of in the IT world.

I am starting to think that there is no new server :D

Back