New Runway?

abqtj

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
abqtj
My lesson Friday had us going to another airport for some pattern work. Headed down to E80 (Belen, NM) and did some touch and go's. Landing on runway 31.

When I looked on my Cloudahoy track, the runway isn't there! Double-checked on google maps and it's not there either. Can't find it on any online satellite map images. Weird.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 8.04.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 8.04.15 AM.png
    832.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 8.04.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 8.04.15 AM.png
    832.2 KB · Views: 74
My lesson Friday had us going to another airport for some pattern work. Headed down to E80 (Belen, NM) and did some touch and go's. Landing on runway 31.

When I looked on my Cloudahoy track, the runway isn't there! Double-checked on google maps and it's not there either. Can't find it on any online satellite map images. Weird.

You...landed...there...? :eek: That's a top secret base, where they keep the martians. You in trouble boy. I'd delete this thread quickly. ;)

If I wanted to land near aliens I'd head up to Trementia and the big Scientology compound with the alien land strip. Google it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I wanted to land near aliens I'd head up to Trementia and the big Scientology compound with the alien land strip. Google it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh man, that some weird shet. Looked at it from google earth, couldn't see the tunnel due to it being shaded.

7500 // Uh oh. Your instructor is teaching you to enter the pattern by crossing midfield at pattern altitude to join the downwind....

7500 // Uh oh. Your instructor is teaching you to enter the pattern by crossing midfield at pattern altitude to join the downwind....

Yep. It's been working for me since my lessons started in '06. Ain't had a conflict yet . . . .

Yep. It's been working for me since my lessons started in '06. Ain't had a conflict yet . . . .
Me too. I enter on the crosswind or midfield crosswind routinely. Unless you're surveying the windsock, I don't see any issues with a crosswind or midfield crosswind entry.

Wonder if Travolta lands his 707 on that strip...:D

No. It's at BQK right now. Actually it's been here for awhile. Scuttlebutt on the ramp is that it has some major problems.

No. It's at BQK right now. Actually it's been here for awhile. Scuttlebutt on the ramp is that it has some major problems.

No doubt. When I flew into Newburgh NY commercially I used to see it parked there but that was probably because of the noise restrictions around the NYC airports (LGA,JFK,Newark).

Ever fly over his place just NNE of Ocala?

Last edited:
Me too. I enter on the crosswind or midfield crosswind routinely. Unless you're surveying the windsock, I don't see any issues with a crosswind or midfield crosswind entry.

Pretty dangerous, those extra turns in the pattern expose you to stall and a crash. You should immediately purchase an AOA instrument and practice the "new FAA" slow flight maneuvers:confused:

Back