New Restaurant at KCXO!

Ruthless53

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ruthless53
Black Walnut Cafe had the soft opening, invitation only breakfast and lunch service yesterday. My father, wife and I were there at 8am yesterday and let me tell you this place is really good. Prices are really good for the type of food you get. Great view of the field from the 3rd floor and a pretty big outdoor seating area. If your looking for a place to eat in Southeast Texas stop in at Lonestar Executive in Conroe and give it a try. We have needed a restaurant at our field for a long time and I really hope it sticks around. Restaurant is located in the brand new Galaxy FBO.

http://blackwalnutcafe.com/locations/houston-locations/lone-star-airport/

Im not affiliated with this restaurant, FBO or KCXO at all (other than based here).

KCXO is in Houston, Texas. That's good info to know. ;)

Thanks for the tip Ruthless53.

Looks like a nice place.

That little airport has grown a lot in the last 5 years.

KCXO is in Houston, Texas. That's good info to know. ;)

Its actually Conroe Tx (40 ish miles north driving wise and 20 or so north of Houston IAH flying wise.)...sorry if I didnt make that clear enough in my original post.

Black Walnut Cafe had the soft opening, invitation only breakfast and lunch service yesterday. My father, wife and I were there at 8am yesterday and let me tell you this place is really good. Prices are really good for the type of food you get. Great view of the field from the 3rd floor and a pretty big outdoor seating area. If your looking for a place to eat in Southeast Texas stop in at Lonestar Executive in Conroe and give it a try. We have needed a restaurant at our field for a long time and I really hope it sticks around. Restaurant is located in the brand new Galaxy FBO.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. A little out of the way for me normally, but might make a nice stop on our flights to Austin. I certainly wish there were more on-field restaurants around.

So is the old Galaxy hangar empty now, or does Galaxy have two locations on the field?

I used them once last year. I remember there was a small container garden outside the lobby...had a nice little chat with one of the guys in the office about his attempts to keep the birds out of the tomatoes.

So is the old Galaxy hangar empty now, or does Galaxy have two locations on the field?

I used them once last year. I remember there was a small container garden outside the lobby...had a nice little chat with one of the guys in the office about his attempts to keep the birds out of the tomatoes.

There are currently planes in it but im not sure if they are just renting space in it or what. As far as the FBO its on the approach end of rwy 34 where the old one is the approach end or rwy 1.

Galaxy is keeping its rental planes (the archer and the 172) in the old hanger off of, and conducting its training and rental operations out of the old attached building at least for now. I have been in the new building off of rwy 34 and must say I was very impressed, although they have a bit of a staffing issue in the old building (there's no one ever in there anymore).

Last time I was down there (first visit to the new Galaxy) they told me about the restaurant's impending opening. This is good to know - maybe I'll stop there instead of Starbucks on my future flights.

CXO is a great airport, one of my favorites.

Wife and I ate there this week. Great meal and an unbelievable view. First Class facility!

Back