New Raptor aircraft at SnF?

DMD3.

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DMD3.
Yesterday I saw a booth with a black, single-seat, low-wing experimental (it looked similar to the Dark Aero). The posted cruise speed was 170 kts with only 100 hp (Rotax 912). I clearly remember the guy saying “Raptor Aircraft”, but when I do a search, only the failed 4/5 seater prototype comes up. Does anyone else remember visiting this booth?

I also remember him saying they were based in Kentucky.

I didn’t find it on there. When he said “Raptor aircraft, I remember it sounded familiar, but it wasn’t until I came home and looked it up that it was the failed prototype that had the same name.

The guy boasted that the aircraft (and all parts) would be American-made. I believe it’s also retractable-gear.

Sounds like the Blackshape, maybe? They advertise that speed, that engine, and it mostly fits your limited description.

Sounds like the Blackshape, maybe? They advertise that speed, that engine, and it mostly fits your limited description.
That’s the one I was thinking he meant.

Blackshape's web site says it's IO-320 powered. I see they also say it uses a Hartzell Raptor series composite prop, which could be where the "Raptor" part was heard.

And it's a 2-seat tandem.

Ok, it turns out it was “Rapture” Aircraft, not “Raptor”.

https://www.recreationalflying.com/topic/37700-the-rapture-aircraft-turbine-bug/

While I was interested in the design (sadly I never asked the price), I had no luck in my Google search and thought I was losing my mind. :D. If it’s not too expensive, this looks like a promising kit built.
Some people believe the coming of the "Rapture" will mark the end of the world. If so, you might have to wait awhile. ;)

It’s barely 2-seat. With full tanks, payload is only ~350lbs, and the aft cockpit is tiny. Essentially it is a flexible single seat airplane.

Back