New Project

Thanks; I'm typing this on iPhone while PC is uploading images for the book. Image files rarely less than 16 MB(unless smaller via a cropped portion) and up to 35-40 MB, it's a slow process here on the island which has no cable for Broadband. BIG images have taken as long as 8-9 minutes. But once in the can the creation can begin.

HR

Sounds like a great book! Keep us advised, I know a few who might be interested in that book.

My family goes back to the mid 1800s in town; I only since 1947. Today it's such that one aunt is still there, and two cousins who are brother and sister. Their children and grandchildren, of course, are 2nd and 3rd cousins to me. I've been away from residency there since mid 1960s; so when I happen to be back in town those 2nd and 3rd cousins, if we should cross paths, we probably wouldn't immediately know one another. Such is evolution. One gentleman whose family and mine go back over 100 years of friendship has offered to assist me during the summer at the Arts In The Barn events held each weekend by Cushing Historical Society. He and my uncle, last survivor of the five Crute brothers have been best buddies since childhood which would have started around 1925. It's Will's impression that the book, as well as my extensive photography
pieces should be popular items. Time will tell.

HR

_DSC8351 (1L).JPG Not far west of Cushing, actually adjoining town, is Friendship and the Medomak River. Waldoboro is at the top of the image; Bremen/Round Pond is considerably out of the upper left quadrant.

HR

When my father's family first moved to Maine from Weymouth Mass, it was to Waldoborough. My Dad showed me the one room school house he attended, which at the time he showed me in the late 60s, was a private home.

_DSC8496 (1 L) (sm).JPGRockland Breakwater Lighthouse: so old, historic, seeming small; the ship: bold, meteoric, gleaming and tall. (Knox County Regional Airport on the horizon.)
[September 27, 2015]

Front Cover. When done, 80+ images from land and air. This is a screen shot of work pages.

HRView attachment 44667
A few more pages of the project. Aerial photos of Thomaston only will be hanging inside Highlands Coffee House, Thomaston. Aerial shots of Rockland area will be hanging in Trackside Restaurant and Pub at the railroad station in Rockland.Book Cushing #1.jpg Book Cushing #2-3.jpg Book Cushing #4-5.jpg Book Cushing #6-7.jpg

Back