New PPL and a new resource for the community

Beastie

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Beastie
Hey everyone!

New Private Pilot here. Just got my ticket 2 weeks ago and very much enjoying my license to learn as I prepare for getting my instrument rating next.

The POA forum/community has been amazingly helpful and packed with great information that helped me during my training journey. Thank you.

I want to help give back to the aviation community and you all.

As I started and progressed through my training, I found that the internet was full of great aviation content and information. However, it can be hard to find, is spread among multiple sources/websites, takes precious time to find, requires regularly checking for updates, and a host of other problems.

I want to try to solve these problems and help others. I am planning on launching a website that will curate information from multiple sources. A one stop place for all the best aviation information that is out there on the internet, hand picked by a human.

What are everyones thoughts on this? Good idea/bad? Would you use it?

NOTE: edited my original post. I pulling down the twitter feed and will focus on a website only per others comments.

Last edited:
I don't mean to be harsh or over critical, but I think you're going to find the majority of pilots are either too old to be on twitter or care about it, are already established in the industry, or the ones who are young enough will typically be enrolled in a program where everything they need to learn is readily available.

These are just my initial thoughts on your project and I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
I'm sure once you put the web site up,you'll get plenty of comments from this forum.

Thanks for the feedback.

If people don't like it or there isn't a need I will shut it down ASAP.

Just thought maybe try providing something different for the community than what is out there now.

Last edited:
I don't mean to be harsh or over critical, but I think you're going to find the majority of pilots are either too old to be on twitter or care about it, are already established in the industry, or the ones who are young enough will typically be enrolled in a program where everything they need to learn is readily available.

These are just my initial thoughts on your project and I hope I am wrong.

I think the young pilots who started ShareAviation.com and the pilots of all ages, who post there and on the dozens of Twitter, YouTube and Instagram aviation accounts/webpages would disagree.

Good luck OP. It's great you want to give back to the community and there is a "market" for what you're trying to do.

Back