"New Posts" issue?

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
In the last week or so, I've noticed that often when I select "New Posts" the page does not update with all the new posts. I have to close the tab and reopen it, and then I see the new posts.

Anyone else notice this? What's suspicious is that I get the same thing happening on both my MacBook Pro and iPad Mini.

Haven't noticed any such issue with PoA on Safari on my iPad 2 or Firefox on Windows 7.

Everything is good on my IPad and Mac book pro.

Working here. Got an ISP that decided to be cheap and put a transparent proxy between you and the Net? Happening on any other websites that require screen refreshes without leaving the page?

Maybe it is an ISP issue. The fact that two different devices with different OS's (though both running Safari) have the issue is a hint.

Next time I notice it, I'll try to take screen shots.

I've discovered that just hitting "Calendar", to the left of "New Posts", then hitting "New Posts" again resolves the issue, more easily than closing/reopening the tab.

Sounds like a cache of the page is being retained and then displayed a second time until some kind of update occurs.

If you're using Chrome or Safari or one of the browsers that does a page of icons of frequently visited pages make sure it is not caching one of the search results page.

Here's an example from a short time ago on my iPad Mini and Safari...

Went to the tab I had open for POA and clicked "New Posts". Saw this:

14212235407_9a2188b4d6_c.jpg

Note the time at the top, and when the search was generated.

Clicked on "Calendar", then back on "New Posts":

14397322212_c16f639cff_c.jpg

The difference is obvious. I guess is must be a cacheing error of some sort.

Maybe Facebook engineers hacked our system.... :D

Back