New plane

John,

I'm drooling. That's a beautiful airplane. I was once part owner of a 1965 Debonaire - the first straight-tail Bonanza. Congrats,

Jim

Welcome to the Bonanza club. Nice plane and panel. You are going to have lots of fun in this bird.
Stephen
1968 BE33C Aerobatic Bonanza

Bill Jennings said:
Just curious, have you done any aerobatic maneuvers in your Bo?
Used to all the time. Just simple stuff like loops, rolls, stall turns (vertical reversements I think you call them here), cubans etc.
I haven't recently as, since I ferried the plane over here from NZ, there is the requirement for parachutes and I haven't gotten around to getting one yet. I also think I am maybe getting a bit old for that kind of stuff. Hate to admit it but I am not as young as I used to be.
Aeros are great fun in the Bonanza, not high g violent maneuvers, just graceful, precise and very satisfying.
Stephen.

Bonanza said:
Used to all the time. Just simple stuff like loops, rolls, stall turns (vertical reversements I think you call them here), cubans etc.
I haven't recently as, since I ferried the plane over here from NZ, there is the requirement for parachutes and I haven't gotten around to getting one yet.
FYI, if you are alone you are not required to wear a parachute. The wisdom of not wearing one is up to you. I often skip them if all I'm doing is low-intensity stuff like that.

jkaduk said:
If all goes well, I will soon be buying into a partnership in this Bonanza.

Great looking plane and panel. I am sure you will enjoy it a lot.

Bonanza said:
I haven't recently as, since I ferried the plane over here from NZ, there is the requirement for parachutes and I haven't gotten around to getting one yet.
Stephen.

You wouldn't be able to get out the door anyway would you? Even if it had a quick release it seems unlikely you could get out the right side from the left in a situation requiring a parachute.

Congrats;

Nice looking bird.

I love flying my C33. It is a nice straight forward plane.

Good luck with your new plane

John J

jkaduk said:
It's a done deal. She's (1/3) mine baby.

Good deal.You'll really enjoy your plane. Beech planes always fly so nice, I fly them mostly with trim. If the partnership is a good one and everyone keeps up their end, it really is the best way to own a recreational airplane.

Nice Bonanza John! Congrats. The doc that did my 3rd class medical yesterday (yes I passed), flies GA. I asked him what he flies.....Bonanza. Sigh.

Henning said:
Good deal.You'll really enjoy your plane. Beech planes always fly so nice, I fly them mostly with trim. If the partnership is a good one and everyone keeps up their end, it really is the best way to own a recreational airplane.

One of these days I'm going to have to fly a Beech. Everyone talks about how nice they fly.

Anthony said:
. The doc that did my 3rd class medical yesterday (yes I passed), flies GA. I asked him what he flies.....Bonanza. Sigh.

Is it a V tail?

Len

John:

Welcome to the Bonanza club!! I'm sure you'll enjoy this one. Let us know how it goes and if you like it. Can you give us some specs?

Best,

Dave
Baron 322KS

Joe Williams said:
One of these days I'm going to have to fly a Beech. Everyone talks about how nice they fly.

Q. How can you tell that your Beech loves you?

A: (select here)-->Because it wags its tail!<--

Yuk yuk yuk :goofy: Yeah, it'd be good to be a Bo driver.

Dave Siciliano said:
John:

Welcome to the Bonanza club!! I'm sure you'll enjoy this one. Let us know how it goes and if you like it. Can you give us some specs?

Best,

Dave
Baron 322KS
It has gap seals and a strong engine. One of the partners says it gets, GASP!
book numbers. We are going to run the TAS test that has been posted here, one of these days. I'll have numbers then.

jkaduk said:
It has gap seals and a strong engine. One of the partners says it gets, GASP!
book numbers. We are going to run the TAS test that has been posted here, one of these days. I'll have numbers then.

For most of the Beech line, making book numbers is fairly typical although you generally need to run LOP to get the advertized range (and LOP isn't in the book).

Anthony said:
I hope not. :) Actually I think it is.

HRMPH.... Real Bonanzas have V-tails. ;)

Great looking Bo! Next year sign up for the formation workshop for the B2osh run!

AirBaker said:
HRMPH.... Real Bonanzas have V-tails. ;)

Great looking Bo! Next year sign up for the formation workshop for the B2osh run!

I agree. I have some V35B time. I think Len's point was that a doctor and a V-tail only support the "forked tailed doctor killer" theory. My doc has been flying a V-tail for 30 years, so I think he's probably OK. Anyway Cirrus has taken over that position. :(

For most of the Beech line, making book numbers is fairly typical although you generally need to run LOP to get the advertized range (and LOP isn't in the book).
=======================================================
Lance, I'm sure you're referring to the Dep POH when you say the book. Fact is, it's in my training manual for the P-Baron and some of the power settings in the POH.

When the Deb POH was written, we didn't have GAMI jectors and JPIs to run LOP at high power settings, but I wonder if some of the low power setting may have been there (LOP). Pulling out the manual for D-9948 and after; if shows 9.6 gph at 6,000 feet with 19" of MP. I wonder??

Best,

Dave
Baron 322KS

Anthony said:
I agree. I have some V35B time. I think Len's point was that a doctor and a V-tail only support the "forked tailed doctor killer" theory. My doc has been flying a V-tail for 30 years, so I think he's probably OK. Anyway Cirrus has taken over that position. :(

It is amazing how many people respond as such when you say you fly a Bonanza... "Oh, the Doctor killer? I don't like those planes!" Ugh. :)

AirBaker said:
It is amazing how many people respond as such when you say you fly a Bonanza... "Oh, the Doctor killer? I don't like those planes!" Ugh. :)
Hey, that's "fork-tailed doctor killer" but let's not squabble over details...

Dave Siciliano said:
=======================================================
Lance, I'm sure you're referring to the Dep POH when you say the book. Fact is, it's in my training manual for the P-Baron and some of the power settings in the POH.

When the Deb POH was written, we didn't have GAMI jectors and JPIs to run LOP at high power settings, but I wonder if some of the low power setting may have been there (LOP). Pulling out the manual for D-9948 and after; if shows 9.6 gph at 6,000 feet with 19" of MP. I wonder??

Best,

Dave
Baron 322KS

IIRC the A36 POH I have lists an "economy cruise" that's 60-65% power and peak EGT (on one cylinder).

Back