New Plane on Christmas Eve!

Pilot172

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Pilot172
I have been a 25% owner in a nice 172P model for the past 15 years. The partnership has been good for the most part, but I have always wanted my own plane to do what I want to with and not have to deal with other partners. 5 years ago I found one I liked that was in the hangar across from me. I talked with the owner, but he was not ready to sell. I told him to let me know when he's ready. That time ened up being a couple weeks ago and we closed the deal on Christmas eve of all times. Its a 1977 150M with some nice options such as a KLN 94 GPS, Reiff preheat system, nice paint, new carpet Skytech starter, nice interior, and a fairly recent engine rebuild. Best of all, it has a cool tail number.

Some of my buddies gave me flak for wanting a 150. Thing is 95% of my flying is by myself and within 100 miles. The 150 is awesome for that. I want to build time, not in a hurry to get somewhere. I don't have to worry about useful load (with just me), it burns car gas at 5.5gal/hr, is overall less expensive than the 172, and is affordable to buy. Plus I still plan to keep my share in the 172, best of both worlds!

FB_IMG_1703714842518.jpg

Congratulations! I think we established in another thread this past week that 150/152s are cool. If it serves your mission, there ya go!

Congrats. They are wonderful fun airplanes for your purpose. Merry Christmas, nice present to yourself.

Plus I still plan to keep my share in the 172, best of both worlds!

Of course you realize that those of us that don't even own a piece of a airplane hate you now... :lol: :lol:

Enjoy it and interior pictures please.!!

It indeed has a nice tail number, ending in PA - it always wanted to be a Piper Aircraft :p Just kidding. Congrats! Enjoy the highs and (sometimes) lows of sole aircraft ownership.

It indeed has a nice tail number, ending in PA - it always wanted to be a Piper Aircraft :p Just kidding. Congrats! Enjoy the highs and (sometimes) lows of sole aircraft ownership.
:p Actually it was changed 20 years ago by the owner. That owner was Palwaukee Aviation (PA).

Of course you realize that those of us that don't even own a piece of a airplane hate you now... :lol: :lol:

Enjoy it and interior pictures please.!!
Speak for yourself. I have an entire altimeter from a soviet MiG. :p

Back