New plane from Van's Aircraft: RV-14

Jim Logajan

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Announcement, specs, and links to videos on their home page:
http://www.vansaircraft.com/

Can't order one yet, pricing not firmed up. Looks to me to be designed for "enhanced sized" pilots and passengers or those seeking a bit more elbow and leg room.

I didn't see any info or pics on their website.

Another fine example of "experimental" aircraft design. Aerobatic, the nimble handling of an RV-7, the stability of an RV-9, the cabin room of an RV-10, and the economy of an RV-6. It just keeps getting better, and better when you don't have the shackles of certification to worry about and tie you down to the past.

Ditch the spam cans boys and girls, and get a real airplane. ;)

I wonder if the IO-390 and CS prop is the only choice. I mean, of course it's an experimental so a guy could put anything in it, theoretically. I'd find it a lot more attractive with a much less expensive engine/prop combination. The extra space would be really nice, but if the cost approaches that of the RV-10... and with a $9K wing, it kind of looks that way. It will be interesting to see more details information as it becomes available.

It certainly could take an O- 320 fixed pitch. Performance would suffer, but your bank account would like it. ;)

I'd hope so. I would want something fuel injected so I could run LOP, but I wouldn't need to wring every last knot out of it. I'm thinking IO-360 maybe.

I saw the -14A in person and I really like it, despite being only offered as a tip-up canopy (there will be no slider unless you re-engineer it yourself, the front fuselage and longerons connections are not designed to support a slider). If I could afford one, I'd buy a kit in a heartbeat. I'd also equip it with a Superior XP-408 engine :D
But unless I win the lotto, I'm stuck with my modest little RV-6.

Back