New pilot in the skies!

AnnaG

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
AnnaG
I passed my checkride yesterday! Amazing feeling. Exhausted.

I will write up and post a longer checkride report in the next couple of days. I know how helpful they can be, and appreciated the reports I read.

I found the oral fairly easy, although very quick and paced. One has to have one's wits about you, and there quite a few "trick" questions - are you sure? what about this or that? You have to know your stuff inside and out.

The practical was like taking instructions through a fire hose, quite frankly. The speed with which we moved from hood work to slow flight to power off to power on stalls took my breath away, and I had to try very hard not to get flustered. Focus, focus, focus.

I'd been having trouble with landings (inexplicably after not having trouble) and had been at the airport until 8pm Saturday evening, practicing short and soft. They were all beautiful on the day. I surprised myself, even. So it was worth the extra time to get them just right, I thought, because they are a big confidence builder.

When we taxied back to the ramp, and parked, the examiner leaned over, and after not saying anything much at all during the checkride, offered his hand and congratulated me. I had a few tears of happiness, and made some stupid joke, and that was that.

Anyway, more details to come. Thank you to all who helped with my questions on slips and managing energy in landing. You made a difference.

Yay! Congratulations, pilot.

I had a very quiet DPE too. When we landed, as he was getting out of the plane he said "well, that all looked pretty good." and walked back to the FBO. After I tied the plane down and got back in, my CFI offered his congratulations… that's how I was sure I had passed. :)

Congratulations!

Just passed mine about a month ago and I'm still wondering if they're going to come back and tell me 'nevermind, we changed our mind'.

Congratulations AnnaG!!!

Now come join us at Gaston's so we can really celebrate!

Way to go, Anna, always nice to see another woman PIC! It's a small club we're in, be proud!!

Allson

I passed my checkride yesterday! Amazing feeling. Exhausted.

I will write up and post a longer checkride report in the next couple of days. I know how helpful they can be, and appreciated the reports I read.

I found the oral fairly easy, although very quick and paced. One has to have one's wits about you, and there quite a few "trick" questions - are you sure? what about this or that? You have to know your stuff inside and out.

The practical was like taking instructions through a fire hose, quite frankly. The speed with which we moved from hood work to slow flight to power off to power on stalls took my breath away, and I had to try very hard not to get flustered. Focus, focus, focus.

I'd been having trouble with landings (inexplicably after not having trouble) and had been at the airport until 8pm Saturday evening, practicing short and soft. They were all beautiful on the day. I surprised myself, even. So it was worth the extra time to get them just right, I thought, because they are a big confidence builder.

When we taxied back to the ramp, and parked, the examiner leaned over, and after not saying anything much at all during the checkride, offered his hand and congratulated me. I had a few tears of happiness, and made some stupid joke, and that was that.

Anyway, more details to come. Thank you to all who helped with my questions on slips and managing energy in landing. You made a difference.

Congratulations!!!!

Badass! Congrats!

I just saw your post, Anna. Congratulations! There aren't many women around who have accomplished what you have. Now keep flying, keep it fun and keep it safe!

Back