New PC12 Ditched Halfway to Hawaii

I never understood the FADEC thing on what is already the easiest engine to run in the entire world.

I agreed with you when you wrote this the other day, until I flew the NGX today. What really impressed me was how cool the starts where. Even on a quick turn battery start, the ITT was mid 600’s. Some other nice changes too.

I agreed with you when you wrote this the other day, until I flew the NGX today. What really impressed me was how cool the starts where. Even on a quick turn battery start, the ITT was mid 600’s. Some other nice changes too.

Maybe it’s because most of the time I flew a PC12 it was in colder climes, but I can’t recall a start over 700.

Regardless of start temps, the PC12 is still the easiest airplane in the world to not kill yourself in.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s because most of the time I flew a PC12 it was in colder climes, but I can’t recall a start over 700.

Regardless of start temps, the PC12 is still the easiest airplane in the world to not kill yourself in.
And yet people insist on killing themselves with it. Very sad. My company nearly bought one in the late 1990s, but I would never have been aboard it, I'm afraid.

That's an ugly stat.

Agreed.

For the record, zero people have died in a PC-12 from engine failure. There have been a few high profile King Crashes in the past decade from loss of control on takeoff following an engine failure that have killed quite a few people.

Too bad the plane could not be recovered ,we will never know if it was a pump failure, engine failure or operator error. Glad to see the crew survived without major injury’s .

Back