New Panel

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Ok, I have decided its time to get a new panel for the Mooney. I would like a standard T configuration, Im going to be adding a few new gauges, and a G530. The autopilot will have to wait till next year, Im thinking of leather seats this year instead...anyways, back to the panel...Any suggestions where to start? MOA hasn't really helped me in the past, And Im not too thrilled about the standard Mooney panels. So I am looking for maybe a company that designs or had custom panels for M20's.
Does anyone have any pictures of their panels? I would like some ideas. and hope to get working on this very soon. I cannot finish my IR until I fix my DG, and don't want to buy a new one until i get the panel redone.
Thanks in advance.
Michael

Southwest Texas Aviation in San Angelo. Talk to Russell.
There' Paul and Sherry Loewen's shop in CA someplace, as well.....

Check out this one at Petaluma, CA - http://www.4979s.com/pics/panel/index1.html

Most amazing panel redo I have ever seen, this, on an older Arrow.

But if I were doing the whole panel, I'd go ahead witht the S-Tec now.

Thanks for the info Bruce and Spike. The problem might be getting the plane to texas. I will call them Monday however and see what they say.

Michael,

Mooney Mart in FLA has a panel mod that is sweet. They were doing a deal at one point to put in a 201 windshield and the 201 panel at the same time at a discount to doing them each alone. I'm pretty sure they will sell the panel to anyone for installation at your home base. As my 1963 C has a half panel mod and I had blown the purchase budget already I did not spring for the full panel replacement.

As for gauges I'm going to spring for the new JPI EDM 900 real soon now. According to my last call to JPI it is supposed to be STCd for certified aircraft by Sun n Fun. Options are available to replace not only tach and MP, provide engine monitor, OAT, carb temp but also all of the gauges in the troublesome cluster pack. That includes digital fuel quantity gauges.

Len

Len Lanetti said:
Mooney Mart in FLA has a panel mod that is sweet.
I didn't know Mooney Mart (in Venice) was doing that. I know ModWorks (in Punta Gorda) was, but Hurricane Charley put them out of business due to uninsured losses.

Ken,

There was a fella there in his mid 70's doing the work when I bought my plane. He did a wonderful job on my replacement 201 windshield. I don't know if he is still there or not. I wish I could have sprung for the full panel and sidewindows because he did such good work but I had stretched as far as I could at the time.

I have had one of those plexi fix up kits for about 3 years now. The ones that use finer and finer grades of sandpaper to take the scratches out. One of these days I'll actually get the nerve to try it on the side windows.

Len

Back