New owner - how do you monitor maint. schedules?

99% of the readers here can't separate the maintenance from the inspection, they all believe the whole thing is an annual.
And then whine when the bill is large.

I've also met some APIAs who think me saying do a annual means fix snags, it's a inspection, just that, addressing any snags is another matter, a matter I could also outsource if I wanted.

Cirrus - chute repack date (10 year life on rocket motor)
Cirrus CAPS - Reefing line cutters replace every 6 years
Cirrus - inflatable restraint belts (replace every 10 years)
Cirrus - inflatable restraint electronic modules (refurbish every 7 years, replace every 14 years I believe)
Cirrus SR22 - Magneto 500 hour inspection
Perhaps track TBO time on engine (do oil analysis trending)

Yokes :hairraise:

I'd imagine all that comes at quite a price tag.

I've also met some APIAs who think me saying do a annual means fix snags, it's a inspection, just that, addressing any snags is another matter, a matter I could also outsource if I wanted.
Many will consider that is the reason you brought aircraft to them.

Many will consider that is the reason you brought aircraft to them.

Then they probably ether are not qualified to work on planes, or English is not their first language.

A annual is a inspection, nothing more.

You generate a logbook signature and my plane is good for another year, or you generate a list of snags to address, and request further direction.

Do unauthorized repairs to a airplane at your own peril.

You really think that's needed for a single aircraft owner/operator?

Need would have to be determined by the individual owner, whether I think the OP needs it or not is totally irrelevant.

Are you asserting that it doesn't answer the OP's question or that it is not a good clean simple system ?

Need would have to be determined by the individual owner, whether I think the OP needs it or not is totally irrelevant.

Are you asserting that it doesn't answer the OP's question or that it is not a good clean simple system ?

For a flight school, or small fleet, sure, but for a single aircraft it's expensive overkill, just use a whiteboard or a journal, excel sheet and or google calendar.

For a flight school, or small fleet, sure, but for a single aircraft it's expensive overkill, just use a whiteboard or a journal, excel sheet and or google calendar.

and what criteria exactly did you use to determine what is best for the OP ? are you the OP ?

I have a client, single aircraft owner who has a good job and values his time with kids and grand kids. Once in a while he gets to fly. The expense of Adlog makes perfect sense for him since the financial part of the equation is a total non issue for him as he values his time much more than money. Bottom line, he likes it and it works perfectly for his needs.

Again, what criteria he uses to make his decision to fit his needs may or may not be the criteria that is important to the original poster. It is up to the original poster what fits their needs. It may very well be your moleskin notebook that fits their needs.

Do you feel threatened or something if someone offers another option ? Do you have some kind of money at stake if they don't choose the moleskin notebook ? Do you have some kind of inadequacy debilitation that makes you seek the head patting of random internet people for answering their questions ? Does it cause you crippling pain if someone doesn't agree with your opinion ? Very sorry to hear if any of these apply, I'm sure there are properly licensed medical doctors near you that can help you out.

Have a :) day.

and what criteria exactly did you use to determine what is best for the OP ? are you the OP ?

I have a client, single aircraft owner who has a good job and values his time with kids and grand kids. Once in a while he gets to fly. The expense of Adlog makes perfect sense for him since the financial part of the equation is a total non issue for him as he values his time much more than money. Bottom line, he likes it and it works perfectly for his needs.

Again, what criteria he uses to make his decision to fit his needs may or may not be the criteria that is important to the original poster. It is up to the original poster what fits their needs. It may very well be your moleskin notebook that fits their needs.

Do you feel threatened or something if someone offers another option ? Do you have some kind of money at stake if they don't choose the moleskin notebook ? Do you have some kind of inadequacy debilitation that makes you seek the head patting of random internet people for answering their questions ? Does it cause you crippling pain if someone doesn't agree with your opinion ? Very sorry to hear if any of these apply, I'm sure there are properly licensed medical doctors near you that can help you out.

Have a :) day.

I could give a rats arse.

In fact, here ya go, fully cloud based too
http://www.ramco.com/aviation-suite...roduct_slot&utm_campaign=ramco_aviation_suite

However I'm very hard pressed, as a aircraft owner and someone in the industry, to believe that software and it's cost are justified for a single owner/operator, GA single, when compared to a simple free solution.

"Time" and "safety" are important, however they are also the top sales pitch to make people fork over more money than needed.

I could give a rats arse.

Whole lot of talking for someone who doesn't give a rat's $%^

In fact, here ya go, fully cloud based too
http://www.ramco.com/aviation-suite...roduct_slot&utm_campaign=ramco_aviation_suite

However I'm very hard pressed, as a aircraft owner and someone in the industry, to believe that software and it's cost are justified for a single owner/operator, GA single, when compared to a simple free solution.

It is becoming obviously apparent that you have no experience with Adlog, yet you are the expert, and you obviously are the only aircraft owner or person "in the industry" on the entire internet,,, hmmm, a quick cursory google shows some happy users - http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62909

"Time" and "safety" are important, however they are also the top sales pitch to make people fork over more money than needed.

I hardly think $150 initial and $30 yearly subscription are raping customers to the level of hyperbole you project.
You can cancel the subscription part of the service at any time and as new owner you get a well organized easy to use binder to ease your experience into ownership.

Some more info on the system - http://www.avweb.com/news/savvyaviator/190596-1.html

I hardly think $150 initial and $30 yearly subscription are raping customers to the level of hyperbole you project.
You can cancel the subscription part of the service at any time and as new owner you get a well organized easy to use binder to ease your experience into ownership.

Some more info on the system - http://www.avweb.com/news/savvyaviator/190596-1.html

What's your relation to ad log?

It's a Internet forum, folks come here to talk, so there's that.

For work we use a online mx tracker, for my plane I use a little journal, however at work we have a ton of aircraft.

Yeah I'm in the industry, aviation is how I pay my bills, but I didn't say I'm the only one in aviation, where on earth did you get that from :dunno:

For one piston single aircraft, yeah, anything over a $9.99 whiteboard or journal is a bit much.

If you stay ontop of your mx,
If you blow past all your inspections and seize up your engine,
If you use a simple logical journal,
Or you use a expensive fancy computer system,

I'm still going to have lunch the next day, so as the song goes, if it makes you happy.

Last edited:
I have no relationship with Adlog other than an airplane and helicopter I rented both had their records organized with their system and one of my clients whom I do A&P work for has their system and as previously stated in post 45 it is a good clean simple system. I'm not sure why you would even ask that as you phrase it in a way as if I am some kind of company shill.

You then went on to proselytize that even offering it up as an option was preposterous. As previously noted in post 47, needs would need to be determined by the original poster who you are not.

Its not for you, I get that, everyone reading this thread gets that, even people not reading the thread get it, you can stop talking any time now, we all get it, its not for you.

Back