New Orleans

buzzard86

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jim R
Hey gang -

I'm heading to New Orleans for work in March. While I'm there I'd like to find and airplane and CFI and log an hour or two. Any recommendations on where to rent? So far I've found Gulf Coast Aviation at Lakefront which looks to be the closest to downtown NO. Other airports/FBOs that I should check out?

Thanks.

Jim

Hey gang -

I'm heading to New Orleans for work in March. While I'm there I'd like to find and airplane and CFI and log an hour or two. Any recommendations on where to rent? So far I've found Gulf Coast Aviation at Lakefront which looks to be the closest to downtown NO. Other airports/FBOs that I should check out?

Thanks.

Jim

I think NEW is the only game in town. We've flown in there 4-5 times and it was the only airport we considered, nothing else is close to the city. Have fun, remember all the girls ain't female!:hairraise:;)

I go into Flightline First, not sure what they have for rentals but it's a real nice FBO.

I'll ask around for ya. If you want to split the gas, we can go fly my Bo.

Everyone said it, KNEW is the closest for your purposes. I've trained with GCA and know the owner - great people and airplanes however fairly expensive particularly their insurance requirements.

Fly By Knight (FBK) at KHDC (Hammond, albeit 35nm NW of NEW) has cheaper aircraft and the owner, Sharon Knight, is brilliant and is a great instructor. It may partly due to her British accent!

Feel free to PM me. I live outside of New Orleans (across the Lake) but have been flying around the area for over 10 years.

Last edited:
Back