New MOA in WV?

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/202...-west-virginia/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Harrison County would run it as far north as CKB and down past CRW. That's huge. And down to 3500 is a big roadblock for crossing the mountains E-W.
CRW has really been courting more .mil operations on top of their existing Air Guard ops. Lengthening the runway will bring even more I think. Good for CRW I think, but as a new Marshall University flight school is also going in to CRW I'm ASSUMING there will be decent coordination in the MOA for GA.

CRW has really been courting more .mil operations on top of their existing Air Guard ops. Lengthening the runway will bring even more I think. Good for CRW I think, but as a new Marshall University flight school is also going in to CRW I'm ASSUMING there will be decent coordination in the MOA for GA.
CRW is trying to extend that runway? They tried that just for an overrun and it collapsed onto that church.

Extending the other end - filling in a valley by lopping off a couple of nearby hills. 2500' extension, $240 million.

Also Marshall flight school at CRW not HTS?

Yep - MU has a South Charleston campus already. CRW is bigger/better, more infrastructure, commercial activity, Air Guard, etc. Much better choice. New A/C maintenance program going in to HTS.

Why? It's just a MOA.

Agree, probably not going to be a big deal. I fly V38 IFR through Evers MOA twice a week or so and have never been vectored around it in the past 3 years.

Back