rk911

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
rk911
Greetings one and all, new member here. Name is Rich and I live in the western Chicago suburbs. After a 30-year layoff I earned my Sport Certificate in August 2013 and am now working on my Private flying out of JA Air at Chicago-Aurora airport (KARR). I'm currently flying the Cessna 162 (Skycatcher) on my Sport certif. and the C-172S for my Private certif. lessons. I currently have roughly 185-hours in the Skycatcher and 20 in the Skyhawk. Other hobbies include amateur radio (N9DKO) and photography. I hope to learn from others and to contribute where I can.

'73
Rich, N9DKO

Greetings one and all, new member here. Name is Rich and I live in the western Chicago suburbs. After a 30-year layoff I earned my Sport Certificate in August 2013 and am now working on my Private flying out of JA Air at Chicago-Aurora airport (KARR). I'm currently flying the Cessna 162 (Skycatcher) on my Sport certif. and the C-172S for my Private certif. lessons. I currently have roughly 185-hours in the Skycatcher and 20 in the Skyhawk. Other hobbies include amateur radio (N9DKO) and photography. I hope to learn from others and to contribute where I can.

'73
Rich, N9DKO

What does it take to convert/upgrade/whatever a Sport to Private? Is it the same checkride as someone who doesn't already have a sport cert or does it just cover the areas not required for sport?

Back