signu127

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Sig-Nu
Just joined after spending the last month on another forum and I am really liking it here. I have acquired 30 hours of training over the last 2 months of lessons. It has been the greatest thing I have ever tried. Just wanted to introduce myself before I start asking questions.

Thanks

Welcome, indeed! Tell us more about your training, yourself, what you like to do, all that.

Welcome aboard!
I got family jus' a tad north of you in th' Duson area.

Welcome, indeed! Tell us more about your training, yourself, what you like to do, all that.

My training...what can I say, the first touch and go I completed on my own was more of a touch and coast. I was so excited landing the plane that i forgot to do everything that followed. My CFI gave me a loud "fly the plane" to get me focused. Once I got better at landings we started cross wind landings...i am hooked. My CFI would make jokes that he knew I would be calling if the wind was really blowing. Some weeks I was going two and three hours just to do x wind and strong x wind touch and go. We recently started doing VOR training and I completed my night x country a few weeks ago.

I have been ready to solo since about my 15th hour according to my CFI but my medical was deferred 60 days so it really slowed my progress. No worries though, my 60 days ended last week, I went back to my Dr and faxed over everything.

As for my personal life, I am a single dad who runs a taxi service every afternoon for my two kids, 8 and 7. We camp, my son and I hunt together, we try and enjoy everything south Louisiana has to offer. I can't wait to have the ability to extended our weekends a little further from home with flying. I do plan to become an owner of my own plane...

I don't know if this happens to everybody but when people show up to talk at my cfi's hanger, I don't want to leave. Everybody has been so nice and interesting. My CFI has a museum that attracts a good bit of people and he just picked up a Stearman that has local pilots stopping in all the time. The people I've met have only made the entire experience better.

Thanks

Welcome aboard. I fly out of KHZR, just 15 minutes or so from LFT. Great to have another Louisiana resident to chat aviation with.

Corey, I get on down NOLA way from time to time, will look forward to meeting you in person. If you're enjoying flying in the winds, that's a very good sign - it means you're not afraid of truly controlling the airplane, as opposed to just driving it.

Hunting... south Louisiana... you know Tom Gresham?

Corey, I get on down NOLA way from time to time, will look forward to meeting you in person. If you're enjoying flying in the winds, that's a very good sign - it means you're not afraid of truly controlling the airplane, as opposed to just driving it.

Hunting... south Louisiana... you know Tom Gresham?

I do enjoy the landings. My CFI has really made me feel comfortable doing it. He is laid back but gets his point across very well. There should be a "quotes" section for us guys who are learning because I can add a few of them. My favorite might be "don't let this plane fly you, fly the plane son," or "i'm gonna super glue your hand to that throttle!"

I know who Gresham is but I have never met him. He is south Louisiana's Ted Nugent! I don't get his radio program here. I stopped hunting for years and just picked it back up when my son turned 6. He turns 9 this year and has already killed 4 deer, 1 turkey, a number of rabbits and every bird that has entered the range of his pellet rifle.

FAA just called to tell me that they finally got my medical cert in the mail. Happy day!!!

Joy!

Congratulations.

Back