GCA319

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
GCA319
Finally joined POA after about a year of lurking. I own a 1/8 share of a Cessna 150 Aerobat with a 150 HP conversion (Lycoming O-320) based out of KSAF (Santa Fe, NM), and I currently hold a PPL with an Instrument rating, but I'm just about done with my Commercial ASEL. I also post on Jetcareers.com as A150K. Looks like a great website, and I hope we can learn something from each other.

Dude! Sounds like a fun little airplane.

(The Aerobat is non-aerobatic with the O-320 installed, correct?)

Dude! Sounds like a fun little airplane.

(The Aerobat is non-aerobatic with the O-320 installed, correct?)

Nope, still certified in the acrobatic catagory. It is fun, it can outclimb just about anything else I've flown, but it has some majory downsides. 22.5 usable with no gross weight increase as per the STC means very limited range with one person let alone 2. Also not IFR certified or capable which means I have to rent to keep that current, but for acro and just poking holes in the sky it sure is alot of fun and a great (and cheap) timebuilder.

Nope, still certified in the acrobatic catagory. It is fun, it can outclimb just about anything else I've flown, but it has some majory downsides. 22.5 usable with no gross weight increase as per the STC means very limited range with one person let alone 2. Also not IFR certified or capable which means I have to rent to keep that current, but for acro and just poking holes in the sky it sure is alot of fun and a great (and cheap) timebuilder.
Kewl!

Finally joined POA after about a year of lurking. I own a 1/8 share of a Cessna 150 Aerobat with a 150 HP conversion (Lycoming O-320) based out of KSAF (Santa Fe, NM), and I currently hold a PPL with an Instrument rating, but I'm just about done with my Commercial ASEL. I also post on Jetcareers.com as A150K. Looks like a great website, and I hope we can learn something from each other.

Welcome to POA!!

Welcome to POA ! I sometimes go up to KSAF - next time I'll get in touch. I took my PP checkride there w/ Geoff Veneklasen.

Welcome to POA ! I sometimes go up to KSAF - next time I'll get in touch. I took my PP checkride there w/ Geoff Veneklasen.
Geoff's a cool guy. I did both my private and IR with him-he really knows his stuff and his easy going style makes reduces the stress of the checkride. I should be taking my CSEL in a few weeks with him as well.

Geoff's a cool guy. I did both my private and IR with him-he really knows his stuff and his easy going style makes reduces the stress of the checkride. I should be taking my CSEL in a few weeks with him as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~ I was his very first checkride. The FAA guy had to sit in with us, Bob O'Haver. Anyway, when you see Geoff if you remember tell him Jean from Alpine says "howdy".

Back