New member, just saying hey!

Inverted

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Inverted
Hey everyone, just came across the forum. My name is Mark, I am a Flight Instructor from the Bay Area. I run a podcast called InvertedCast with a couple buddies. Check us out on iTunes or www.invertedcast.com.

Thanks Kent! Your wonderful podcast is the reason why I got into podcasting, we still suck a lot though lol.

Thanks Kent! Your wonderful podcast is the reason why I got into podcasting, we still suck a lot though lol.

Cool! Does that mean I get a Pitts ride next time I'm out your way? :D

I don't think I'd fit in a Pitts, but if you can squeeze Will in I think I can get in, we're about the same size...

Howdy, and welcome to Pilots of America, Aviation's Front Porch!

---

I'd pay good money to see Kent strap on a Pitts!

Hi Mark! Welcome to POA. My aviation roots are in the Bay Area. Although I don't live there any more I get back there pretty frequently.

Cool! Does that mean I get a Pitts ride next time I'm out your way? :D

I don't think I'd fit in a Pitts, but if you can squeeze Will in I think I can get in, we're about the same size...

If not, we will put you in the Marchetti, or Waco, or Great Lakes. Something cool for sure!

Honestly not sure if I can get Will in the front but I will sure try!

If not, we will put you in the Marchetti, or Waco, or Great Lakes. Something cool for sure!

Ooh, I would LOVE to get some time in a Marchetti! :goofy:

Honestly not sure if I can get Will in the front but I will sure try!

Let me know how that goes! Like I said, we're about the same size, and some people have told me "no freakin' way." But I can get into a J-3 Cub, so there is hope. :yes:

Are you at the place that operates out of Livermore? If so I think I've been in that Waco.

Hey there Mark welcome to POA ain't no better place to be other than in the air! I'll look you up next visit to my sister in SF.

Once you are in, there is a fair amount of room (assuming a "typical" S2) - it's the getting in (and out) that can be entertaining for us old fat people.

Ooh, I would LOVE to get some time in a Marchetti! :goofy:

Let me know how that goes! Like I said, we're about the same size, and some people have told me "no freakin' way." But I can get into a J-3 Cub, so there is hope. :yes:

Then you should be fine actually!

A little Marchetti formation ;)

61147_1363872748029_1567924003_30747779_1220148_n.jpg

Then you should be fine actually!

Well, my biggest worry is if you can get the canopy closed while my head is still attached. I'm 6'4" and while I do fit in a J-3, I do *NOT* fit in a DA20 (head) or a C152 (legs).

Stop, just stop. I lust after a Marchetti. Its my only vice.

Come fly then, we have 3 ;)

Here is a formation you dont see everyday... I am in the Marchetti my buddy Rhett in the Waco. This was over SF.

bgy00o.jpg

Come fly then, we have 3 ;)

Here is a formation you dont see everyday... I am in the Marchetti my buddy Rhett in the Waco. This was over SF.

bgy00o.jpg

Nice. Very nice! Welcome aboard.

Yeah I can see the Bay Area marine layer below you. At some point, I'd like to sell the Tiger and get into a partnership on an SF-260. I think its one of the most fascinating planes within reach of many pilots, but also has some practicality in getting places (to a degree). Its frustrating in the Tiger, which is a very nimble and fun aircraft to fly, but you just can't roll it or pull some g's in maneuvers. :sad:

bgy00o.jpg
I recognize the Waco! I have pictures of it somewhere and also about a 40 minute video. I knew that there were cameras mounted but pretty much forgot about them during the flight until I saw the finished product. It's weird to listen to yourself...

Welcome inverted!

I would like to thank you for stopping by. These podcasts are great. I am still fairly new to aviation, and I feel like some of these could be valuable learning tools.

Thanks!

Spread the word, listen to us, and please leave a comment on iTunes. We are constantly looking for feedback on how to improve our podcast.

Tossing in my welcome, and also the "lusting" over the Marchetti. Definitely going to have to visit you in SF.

Back