New member introduction....

NosewheelFirst

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
NosewheelFirst
Hello everyone, from sunny South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale). The inevitable mid-life crisis bug has bit me pretty hard at my tender age of late forties, and I'm getting back in the air. I graduated from Broward College Aviation program back in 2003, and have never flown, since. I'm a Commercial, Instrument SEL pilot with about 250 hours.

I'm currently shopping for a flight school at either FXE, or PMP, to get my CFII, as my old flight school (Airborne Systems) went down the drains.

Anyhow, just wanted to say, "Hi", as I haven't interacted with any other aviators for over a decade.

Happy Flying.

Welcome to POA. I think you will find a pretty good cross section of the flying community here. Low time PP's like myself all the way up to some very experienced heavy drivers. We have crazy cousin Joe , grumpy uncle fester, know it all brother in law Dick, court jester Bryan, with a Y, and anything else you could possible ask for. Jump in, the water is fine, unless Joe has pee'd in it.

Not trying to get personal, but this seems like an obvious question if you are willing to answer; and if not then I do not think anyone would hold it against you. What makes someone walk away from that much time, money, effort, and just overall training without putting it to use personally or as a career?

Not trying to get personal, but this seems like an obvious question if you are willing to answer; and if not then I do not think anyone would hold it against you. What makes someone walk away from that much time, money, effort, and just overall training without putting it to use personally or as a career?

September 11th, 2001, the islamic terrorists brutally, and directly took the lives of 3000 Americans, but they had also indirectly inflicted untold amount of damage, and changes to the lives of tens of thousands of Americans. It took me a better part of the decade to get over it, and leave it behind me, and I'd like to stay that way.

Hello everyone, from sunny South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale). The inevitable mid-life crisis bug has bit me pretty hard at my tender age of late forties, and I'm getting back in the air. I graduated from Broward College Aviation program back in 2003, and have never flown, since. I'm a Commercial, Instrument SEL pilot with about 250 hours.

I'm currently shopping for a flight school at either FXE, or PMP, to get my CFII, as my old flight school (Airborne Systems) went down the drains.

Anyhow, just wanted to say, "Hi", as I haven't interacted with any other aviators for over a decade.

Happy Flying.

Welcome to the joint and welcome back to flying. I was in the same boat as you. About 280 hours with commercial, instrument, multi engine, starting on CFI with visions of the left seat of a 747 in my head. Wife, mortgage, kids, job. Next thing ya know it's 25 years later. Have fun and learn your craft. There are some excellent CFI's here who know theirs.

Welcome to POA. I think you will find a pretty good cross section of the flying community here. Low time PP's like myself all the way up to some very experienced heavy drivers. We have crazy cousin Joe , grumpy uncle fester, know it all brother in law Dick, court jester Bryan, with a Y, and anything else you could possible ask for. Jump in, the water is fine, unless Joe has pee'd in it.

Lol. That should be on the front page where it says "sign up here"

Back