New Member Here NJ

zmatalucci

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
zmatalucci
Hello all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Zeth Matalucci, and I'm from South Jersey. I live within 5 miles of the Woodbine Municipal Airport, and have been contemplating on obtaining my ppl. My grandfather flew his whole life, and I spent quite a bit of time flying with him before he passed on. So now I'm looking to reconnect with my roots!

I'm a self employed stone carver, (same thing my grandfather did) a father of 2, (5months & 3yrs old) and happily married.

I hope to soak up as much information as possible from every one here, thanks for having me!

Welcome! I used to live in Vineland until a bit more than 5 years ago. Southern NJ is a good place to learn to fly, lots of places to go.

Welcome Zeth

GO FOR IT!!!

It sounds like your Grandfather was a big influence in your life. I am sure he would be very proud of you.

Welcome to POA Zeth, do they offer flight training out of Woodbine? I thought the field was mostly ultra lights now. Hope they do offer the training. I'm out of Wings near Philly and we will always get to Milleville every once and a while with a pilots group out of Quakertown. Hope to see you on the board.

Adam, there is a new flight school out there that also does bi-plane rides and I believe banner planes. I've been doing some research, and they are one of two possibilities for me that are relatively close. The other being Big Sky aviation out of the Millville aiport.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to Pilots of America! Be sure to keep us updated on your progress! Have fun flying!

Wow. You're the second person I know named Zeth. The other we sometimes call (jokingly) my "foster brother". He lived with us for the last two years of high school for various reasons. He's as much a part of our family as his own.

He'd be floored if I told him I had met another Zeth. Maybe Oshkosh someday...

Zeth,

Welcome to POA! I know some folks at Woodbine, great bunch! I try to meet up with them on sunday mornings for breakfast at various airports. I often have projects at Cape May and Millville airports, I never seem to get enough airplanes.

Beth and Doug at Big Sky are nice folks too, I started my training there. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Yo! Save me some tomatoes!

I have a very good Friend at 47N (Central Jersey Regional) that I am comfortable calling my crack dealer. He got me hooked on this flying stuff and may be a great resource for you. He goes as Turbo on here and I am sure you can send him a PM. Good luck.

I have a very good Friend at 47N (Central Jersey Regional) that I am comfortable calling my crack dealer. He got me hooked on this flying stuff and may be a great resource for you. He goes as Turbo on here and I am sure you can send him a PM. Good luck.
"Crack dealer"- LOL!
"Check it out- I got Breezy rides, man..."
:D
Welcome, Zeth... come up to 47N this spring or summer and take a glider ride with our club. We have the best "crack dealer" towplane pilot around... :D

Welcome, Zeth... come up to 47N this spring or summer and take a glider ride with our club. We have the best "crack dealer" towplane pilot around... :D

Hey, what's going on here? I'm at N47!

Bizzarro POA?

:)

Flyingmedic, we seem to have something in common.

You're God's gift to EMS too?!?!?' just kidding ;)

25+ year medic from Boston. Retired now, occasionally teach and do some OEMS evaluations.

Mostly do a lot of Angel Flight stuff now, own a 71 Cherokee 235 in for a new interior as we speak!

Pleasure to meetcha!

Welcome to POA! You will never regret learning to fly. I did it and it is the best thing I've ever done. It is something I'll have with me for the rest of my life.

25+ year medic from Boston. Retired now, occasionally teach and do some OEMS evaluations.

Mostly do a lot of Angel Flight stuff now, own a 71 Cherokee 235 in for a new interior as we speak!

Pleasure to meetcha!
Boston still wearing brown? I worked there in 84 and 85.

Edit: Welcome Zeth! I was stationed in Barnegat Light and Cape May from 88-91. Good luck with your flying.

Last edited:
Boston still wearing brown? I worked there in 84 and 85.

Edit: Welcome Zeth! I was stationed in Barnegat Light and Cape May from 88-91. Good luck with your flying.

Indeed, I started with Chaulk Ambulance in 85 got on the city in 86

Except for bling....uniforms havent changes yet! Do you miss Doughboy as much as me?!? :)

Zeth:

1. Learning to fly? No-brainer. It is challenging and rewarding, and you'll achieve something fewer than one percent of all people will ever do.

2. I salute you, in the strongest possible terms, for persevering and carrying-on in a skilled and artful craft; if you'd care to, I'd love to see the kind of work you do, pictures, who you sell to, that sort of thing.

Welcome to PoA!

/s/ Spike

Sorry but there can't be two Gods gifts to EMS. I started as a medic in NJ in 87. Now working as a medic on a helicopter in Florida and hope to have my PPL within the year. Good hearing from another who spent their life with low pay. long hours and high probability to get vomited on daily.

Pleasure to meetcha!

Sorry but there can't be two Gods gifts to EMS. I started as a medic in NJ in 87. Now working as a medic on a helicopter in Florida and hope to have my PPL within the year. Good hearing from another who spent their life with low pay. long hours and high probability to get vomited on daily.

The first time I got a mouthful as an EMT-B was when I vowed to become a paramedic, so I could intubate and avoid that particular pleasure.

The CG was good enough to take my paramedic certification and waive a bunch of the normal pipeline schools for me, so I got to go do some more advanced training once I was in and helo-qualified.

And to my Boston buddy, you just made me hungry, assuming you're referring to the donuts!

The first time I got a mouthful as an EMT-B was when I vowed to become a paramedic, so I could intubate and avoid that particular pleasure.

You medical people are all insane and underpaid. Which I tell my wife the nurse, regularly.

If I knew someone would vomit in my mouth while treating them, I'd probably just let 'em die ... unless I knew them personally.

You guys are truly Saints from above. Literally in Tim's case... Since he had a helicopter handy. ;)

Hello all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Zeth Matalucci, and I'm from South Jersey. I live within 5 miles of the Woodbine Municipal Airport, and have been contemplating on obtaining my ppl. My grandfather flew his whole life, and I spent quite a bit of time flying with him before he passed on. So now I'm looking to reconnect with my roots!

I'm a self employed stone carver, (same thing my grandfather did) a father of 2, (5months & 3yrs old) and happily married.

I hope to soak up as much information as possible from every one here, thanks for having me!

WELCOME! Sorry to be late to the welcoming party.

Zeth:

1. Learning to fly? No-brainer. It is challenging and rewarding, and you'll achieve something fewer than one percent of all people will ever do.

2. I salute you, in the strongest possible terms, for persevering and carrying-on in a skilled and artful craft; if you'd care to, I'd love to see the kind of work you do, pictures, who you sell to, that sort of thing.

Welcome to PoA!

/s/ Spike

Thank you for the welcome! Sorry for the delayed response, I just returned from vacation:)
If you would like to see some of my work & learn a little about me, please check out my website: www.amatalucci.com
Thanks again!

Back