New Low-Carb Diet Study

I can be your test subject for keto. I have been keto for almost two years. Went from 240 lbs to 175-180 steady. Lost most of the weight in the first 6-8 months before stablizing. My blood sugar and A1C that were borderline pre-diabetic are wholly in normal ranges now. Despite being on a higher fat diet, all of my cholesterol numbers are still awesome. My good HDL cholesterol actually went up a few points. My doctors including my AME love the changes. They can't believe how well it has worked. I have more energy and focus than I have had since my 20s. If I allow myself a cheat day and stack on the carbs, I feel sluggish and bloated for a couple of days. I will admit to having moderated some as of recent (especially with holidays...damn fudge!), but I quickly return to the low carb diet.

I haven't seen any negative side effects. Nothing in my health history reflects any concerns. Does that mean I'll live to be 100? Doubt it, between flying, firefighting, and every thing else I get into. We all have to die of something sometime.

Paleo is awesome for me.
Energy and mental clarity are great.

I did the Atkins diet for 6 months once and lost a bunch of weight and had enormous energy.

Also Body for Life by Bill Phillips.

None of them have high carb or breads.

Give any sensible low carb diet a legitimate effort and you should get good results. Life changing if you stick with it.

Back