New License Plate: 180FOOD

AirBaker

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
AirBaker
It's been almost a month, but finally able to get around to posting a picture or two. Here is what happens when a 180 doesn't see your car as it taxis by... Prop missed the o2 bottle in the trunk by a few inches.

IMG_0201.JPG

It's been almost a month, but finally able to get around to posting a picture or two. Here is what happens when a 180 doesn't see your car as it taxis by... Prop missed the o2 bottle in the trunk by a few inches.

IMG_0201.JPG
No picture! :dunno:

How about this?

Attachments

• IMG_0201.JPG
    IMG_0201.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 131
Wowzah! That must've made one heckofa noise! Does auto insurance cover something like that?

My first car, a '66 VW, was attacked by a C-172 in 1969. I was flying my dad's C-150E and had parked the VW at our tiedown spot at Fullerton, CA. The pilot of the C-172 botched a go-around, hit my car, went through the boundary fence and hit another passing car on the adjacent street. Had I not been flying at the time, our airplane would have been hit. The VW was repaired and soldiered on.

I was on downwind for rwy 24 returning to Fullerton when tower suddenly said, "Emergency in progress," and told me to leave the pattern and come back later. When I came back and landed I saw the emergency lights down at the west end of the airport, where my car was parked.

c172_vs_vw.jpg

Back