New Ipad with IOS 13

Discussion in 'Technical Corner' started by gacoon, Oct 25, 2019.

1. gacoon

gacoon Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Gerry
    I,ve been using ipad for several years. Replaced old one with a new Ipad Air. Runs good, but has one terribly irritating feature, when accessing forums via depressing link it often opens a small window instead of opening the page. I dont want this to happen ever. When I press/select a link I want to go to that page. Anyway to fix this?

upload_2019-10-25_19-54-40.png

2. bflynn

bflynn Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Brian Flynn
    Press and hold any link. You’ll get a pop up menu. The bottom menu item should say “hide link previews”

you will still get a little window, but it will just show you the url, not preload the page

3. denverpilot

denverpilot Tied Down

Display Name:

Display name:
    DenverPilot
    Also can switch to Chrone for a much better browser experience on iOS over Safari. LOL.

And if the forum supports it, Tapatalk for a real app instead of a horrible web UI.

:)

4. gacoon

gacoon Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Gerry
    Doesnt work. The picture I sent is an example, I have the “hide link previews” set. I was hoping there was some other setting somewhere.

5. bflynn

bflynn Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Brian Flynn
    If it says hide link previews then it is not set, that is the the option to set it. Here’s mine

12A5FE4C-9910-4E16-8742-877D69EA266F.jpeg

6. gacoon

gacoon Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Gerry
    Mine is set like yours, still get the behavior shown in first picture. Does not happen all the time, seems related to touch level some how?

7. flyingcheesehead

flyingcheesehead Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    iMooniac
    If you push harder on the link, that preview will come up. Give it a light tap and it'll load the page in the full window.

8. gacoon

gacoon Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Gerry
    Thats not it either, I understand what you are saying. It happens every once in awhile with a light tap. I think I will take this box back to apple store and complain. My old ipad was rock solid and predictable. This one is fast as all get out but the web browser is unpredictable and sometimes does strange things.