New insurance quote after my CLAIM

N6399A

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
N6399A
As you guys know 6399A went for a short unmanned flight in Flagstaff just before Gastons. Total damages were just over $12,000.00. I just got my new insurance quote. I had expected it to go up a little, as a claim is a claim is a claim, but the cost didn't go up a LITTLE. :no:

It went DOWN $230.00. :goofy: Who would have thought I'd ever say that I love my insurance company. WOOHOO

As you guys know 6399A went for a short unmanned flight in Flagstaff just before Gastons. Total damages were just over $12,000.00. I just got my new insurance quote. I had expected it to go up a little, as a claim is a claim is a claim, but the cost didn't go up a LITTLE. :no:

It went DOWN $230.00. :goofy: Who would have thought I'd ever say that I love my insurance company. WOOHOO
Cool. Of course, you weren't piloting the plane at the time, so can't be blamed.:D

Cool. Of course, you weren't piloting the plane at the time, so can't be blamed.:D

True, but that never stopped my auto insurance company when I was hit by an un-insured motorist. That wasn't my fault either.

Go kiss your agent! :D

I'm glad ya got your sweetheart back and she's flying again. Lower premimums are even better!

It's the AOPA Insurance Agency, Inc. and the carrier is Global Aerospace, Inc. I thought they gave me a great rate last year. It was $1280.00 for full coverage, I was a student, and the hull value was $61,500.00. This years quote was $1050.00. The only thing I have to compare to was what the guy before me paid which was around $1500.00 a year, so I thought it was pretty fair.

Wow.

I don't know the whole story, but perhaps I need to let the Baron go for a joyride on its own. ;)

Glad it worked out so well. Global, USAIG, AIG, and Phoenix are folks that are pretty picky and have a very good reputation. I've had policies with all but Global. USAIG seems to be the simplest and cleanest from the policies I've read.

Best,

Dave

Actually, the bill I had for my bird was down this year as was the bill for the FBOs insurance. I'd like to think they are doing the correct thing and giving us money back because the skies are safer and there are less accidents.
Oh... and the hitch on my bill was recurring training. have at least 3 hours with an instructor and safe even more. (Makes you a better pilot but the savings does not cover the CFIs time. Hmmmm?)

Did the plane get all fixed and back to flying?

Actuarially speaking, you represent less risk bececause your plane has been damaged. Getting your IR will help while Wings program may or may not. Do you have 25 make and model beyond what you had 12 months ago?

That's probably because the hull value decreased as a result of the damage history.:(

But its still insured for the same amount? Unless they catch you in that 'insured too little / insured too much' pickle.

Back