New Instrument Panel

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Started working on the new panel last night. I decided to re-wire with real aircraft quality wire rather than cheap radio shack wire. I also needed to mount the new Oudie GPS/Flight computer as well as the electric audio variometer that I picked up over the off season. Here is what I have so far.

panel.jpg

I agree it does look like Tony is getting a little carried away with all the electronics there:lol:

I think a GTN750 would look real nice there. Of course you'd have to pack a small generator in the ship somewhere to power it.

In a sailplane, gettin right down tuit, I think if you have to choose only one instrument, it would be the vario. If you can't hear the airspeed, you're tone deaf....or maybe hard of hearing.

agree bruce. here is the result of my work tonight. still a few holes to get just right etc but this is everything that will go in the panel. Need to get the electrical stuff wired up tomorrow after work. I think my A&P is coming over to do the condition inspection tomorrow night sometime. Hopefully I can get 373Y flying this weekend.

attachment.php

Attachments

• panel2.jpg
    panel2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 96
i flew with the new panel yesterday. The audio variometer worked great, i'm really going to like that. The Oudie was really nifty too. Flight was fun, I gaggled with one of my students then tried to take her on a short XC but pushed too far and never found another thermal so we both ended up landing out. that was even more fun!

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?flightId=-840098336

i flew with the new panel yesterday. The audio variometer worked great, i'm really going to like that. The Oudie was really nifty too. Flight was fun, I gaggled with one of my students then tried to take her on a short XC but pushed too far and never found another thermal so we both ended up landing out. that was even more fun!

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?flightId=-840098336

If you'd take pictures of your landouts and post 'em here, it'd be even more fun yet! :yes:

If you'd take pictures of your landouts and post 'em here, it'd be even more fun yet! :yes:

i actually didn't get any pictures of this one, i'm trying to get Summer to get a few from the neighbor that stopped by. It was a really nice field, she picked a good one.

Back