New info for Experimental Aircraft to Mexico

cowtowner

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Cowtowner
Just got this from BBP

With Special Authorization from AFAC, Experimental Aircraft can now fly into Mexico
The BBP along with others have been working with various Mexican authorities for the past eighteen months in efforts to find a way to allow US experimental aircraft to fly into Mexico.
We have now succeeded. After months of frustration, along with the help of several BBP
members, we have identified a provider in Mexico City who has access to AFAC and can present
and carry through the necessary paperwork to receive a Special Aircraft Authorization for Experimental, Light Sport, etc. aircraft.
These providers, working with AFAC, will provide this authorization that will be valid for the life of the aircraft as long as the pilot, aircraft, and N Number all remain the same.
As proof of concept, we applied for and received the authorization through this source for BBP Member Mike Neff who was also influential in making contact with the provider. As further proof, we sent this authorization to the Commanders of several Mexican Ports of Entry including Loreto who all have indicated the authorization was valid, official, and would write a Multi Entrance Authorization for aircraft with that authorization.
The BBP has elected not to be involved in the procuring of this special authorization primarily because of the lack of full transparency of this procurement program
There is no responsibility or money involvement for the BBP in this program. Our only involvement is that of letting our members (and others) know who to contact if they wish to get this Special Authorization for their Experimental aircraft. What you see above is what we know. To make it easier, an email address was made for requesting information:
experimentalaircraftpermits@gmail.com
Email your request to the above for more information.

Hooray!

Was on BBP today and didn't find that gem, thanks! Now for the radio operator license and customs decal.

Now I can postpone that C-195 purchase.

Elsewhere, I saw that there is an initial fee of $1700. Can anyone confirm/deny? That seems like a lot of money to risk on the word of "a provider in Mexico City" who has access to the right people V2022.

Elsewhere, I saw that there is an initial fee of $1700. Can anyone confirm/deny? That seems like a lot of money to risk on the word of "a provider in Mexico City" who has access to the right people V2022.
That's correct. The fellow clearly admits the $1700 fee is to grease the palms of appropriate government workers to hand carry your application to the right people and get approval.

This is why so many of us who live in Mexico have given up on flying. Absolutely infuriating.

Back