New info about Sen. Obama's plane troubles

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
You may recall that last month a plane that Sen. Obama was flying on had a control issues.

Seems the FAA was quick to start to blame the pilot for not declaring an emergency. But now that the tapes are out it is clear they did.

At the time, an FAA spokesperson said the pilot did not declare an emergency and the airline owner, Midwest Airlines, said safety "was never an issue."

The tapes, broadcast Thursday on ABC News' "World News with Charles Gibson", show otherwise.

Just 41 seconds after discovering he no longer had full control of the plane's up and down movements, the pilot told an FAA air traffic controller "at this time we would like to declare an emergency and also have CFR [crash equipment] standing by in St. Louis."
Good that the FAA is correcting themselves and the pilot appears to have done the right thing. The cause of the issue was a deployed tail emergency chute and the plane landed without incident.

the tapes can be heard at this link. http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Politics/story?id=5581453&page=1

It is an interesting listen.

Good that the FAA is correcting themselves and the pilot appears to have done the right thing. .

Scott according to ABC the FAA wouldn't issue a correction till ABC called them to the mat. Listen to the end of the broadcast.

Yeah but my point was the FAA ( According to ABC) wasn't going to do squat) and only did so after they had stuck in thier faces. Of course who's to say ABC isn't exaggerating. hmmmmm a media outlet exagerating B)

"Hi, I'm from the FAA and I'm here to lie my ass off."

Yeah but my point was the FAA ( According to ABC) wasn't going to do squat) and only did so after they had stuck in thier faces. Of course who's to say ABC isn't exaggerating. hmmmmm a media outlet exagerating B)
Geesh Adam that was my point as well. How much more you want to argue about agreeing with each other ?? :confused::confused: Why the heck do you think I even posted this thread?

Geesh Adam that was my point as well. How much more you want to argue about agreeing with each other ?? :confused::confused: Why the heck do you think I even posted this thread?

You know what, Scott, knock it off, I agree with you! I wish you'd stop with the being agreeable.

Man oh man!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back