New I-Pad coming?

wabower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Wayne
Local TV news story said the new version will be introduced within 100 days. Zat so?

Local TV news story said the new version will be introduced within 100 days. Zat so?

Hmm. 100 days from today would be... March 23rd.

Apple seems to introduce their iOS devices on a 1-year cycle...

The iPad was originally introduced in January of last year...

I would say that your local TV news is not exactly going out on a limb here. :no:

Anybody could tell me anything about any of that stuff and I wouldn't know the difference. I'm just happy that I don't have to start every session with CD backslash or whatever.

Hmm. 100 days from today would be... March 23rd.

Apple seems to introduce their iOS devices on a 1-year cycle...

The iPad was originally introduced in January of last year...

I would say that your local TV news is not exactly going out on a limb here. :no:

yep and the next one will be out sometime after that

Probably so.

Bookmark this site for all relevant Apple rumor news:

http://www.macrumors.com/

Relevant? Isn't that an oxymoron? The rumor sites usually have only a little correct info - and you never know which parts are correct until the product intro anyway.

For the next iPad, I would say that the only new thing I'm pretty sure of is a front-facing camera, and probably rear-facing too. Anything else is just noise in the rumor mill right now. Want to know what's going to be in the next iPad? Wait till January. Or March. Or whenever.

Posted from my iPad - I hope it doesn't get mad.

Well I wanted an iPad for my birthday yesterday but with the new one rumored to be so close to be released I opted instead to wait and got a gift certificate to the Apple store. I will be one of the first in line to get the version 2 of this product. I was hoping the initial rumors of a Christmas season release would be true. but as we go closer to Thanksgiving and all that was seen was a price reduction on the original iPad I knew it was not going to happen. That is when I started seeing the end of 1Q-2011 rumors. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that date! I am just sad that I will be losing my Apple discount come the 1st of the year. The corporate discount was nice to have, with my leaving my present employer in the next several weeks that will go bye-bye.

Anybody could tell me anything about any of that stuff and I wouldn't know the difference. I'm just happy that I don't have to start every session with CD backslash or whatever.

How about; load"*",8,1

I can't decide. I might have to buy the current version because I can't sit around and wait for the new one.

for anybody wanting ANY apple product, be it ipad, ipod, iphone or any imac.

Look at the last time it was released. You are GUARANTEED to get a new version within 1 year.

iPods always come out in october right after apple does their back to school sale including an ipod with every mac purchase up until mid September.

iPhones always come out in June area

iPad will also come out within a year of first release

iMacs and macbooks typically have a little difference schedule, usually 2 revisions a year but not exactly. it seems to be every 6-9 months.

for anybody wanting ANY apple product, be it ipad, ipod, iphone or any imac.

Look at the last time it was released. You are GUARANTEED to get a new version within 1 year.

iPods always come out in october right after apple does their back to school sale including an ipod with every mac purchase up until mid September.

iPhones always come out in June area

iPad will also come out within a year of first release

iMacs and macbooks typically have a little difference schedule, usually 2 revisions a year but not exactly. it seems to be every 6-9 months.

And that's why Macrumors publishes this Buyer's Guide.

Saves you from figuring out all that stuff.

If you *need* something, I always go Apple refurb now. I have not been let down by anything refurbed from Apple (around 8 computers, at last count).

If you *need* something, I always go Apple refurb now. I have not been let down by anything refurbed from Apple (around 8 computers, at last count).

^^^^^ YES! Mac refurbs are the best deals around in the mac world. by far.

^^^^^ YES! Mac refurbs are the best deals around in the mac world. by far.

But but but... I thought Macs NEVER break!? How can they have fodder for the refurb machine if they never break in the first place!? :cornut: :ihih:

I know I know.. "Don't poke the bear, son." ;)

i've never had one computer break on me to the point of needing replacement, yet. but i've never owned a mac. you've had to buy 8 computers?? what do you do to them?

But but but... I thought Macs NEVER break!? How can they have fodder for the refurb machine if they never break in the first place!? :cornut: :ihih:

if you return anything it's now a refurb. you can't resell something that you aready sold as new.

i've never had one computer break on me to the point of needing replacement, yet. but i've never owned a mac. you've had to buy 8 computers?? what do you do to them?
we currently have 4 computers at my house (though only my laptop is a mac), and 5 computers in our small business. it's pretty easy to go through 8 computers like that. Add my 2 sisters and their families, there's another 6 computers.

When you know anything above and beyond screwing in a light bulb you become the family broker for electronics

And you still have all of them :D

So in non geek terms what could this new iPad do that would make folks ditch their old ones or wait four months to get the new ones.

So in non geek terms what could this new iPad do that would make folks ditch their old ones or wait four months to get the new ones.
It's a new Apple product!!! It has to be better!!! You don't understand!!!

:goofy:

That's a stupid question!!

It's a new iSomething!!!!!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is all about the user experience!

:D :D :D :D

Attachments

• header.png
    header.png
    176.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 1.png
    1.png
    592.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 2.png
    2.png
    641.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 3.png
    3.png
    614.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 4.png
    4.png
    534.2 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
And you still have all of them :D

and they all work.

although i will admit, one time i was eating an orange flinstones push pop and dripped some onto the keyboard of my gateway laptop. it was never the same. so i bought a used one off ebay and replaced the keyboard. now i have a parts computer.

i guess we're way to nice to our computers or something.

I don't have an iPAD yet, but am tempted... I would like to know if I should wait until April, now, too. Either for the new one OR to get an old one more cheaply...

I'd honestly wait. eevn if you dont want the new one, wait. Because when the new one comes out you will be able to get the old one for bananas

There are people who simply must have the latest <fill in the blank>

It's not unique to apple products. Cars, cell phones, TVs, etc.

Faster CPU, higher screen resolution, and front facing camera.

The iPad actually is slower then the iPhone 4 and the screen resolution is worse (even though the screen is way bigger).

The iPad actually is slower then the iPhone 4 and the screen resolution is worse (even though the screen is way bigger).
^^^ The truth.

That's how apple continues to grab everyone year after year with the same exact product. They could've released the ipad with iPhone 4 specs...

but that means this year they would've had to step it up a notch with iPhone 5 and iPad 2. Now they only really have to focus on iPhone 5. iPad 2 is iPhone 4 XXL (as it currently is just ipod touch/iphone3GS XXL)

That's probably what's going to happen, if Apple continues the trend.

Cameras, maybe higher screen resolution... Who really knows. It'll be better, somehow.

I don't have an iPAD yet, but am tempted... I would like to know if I should wait until April, now, too. Either for the new one OR to get an old one more cheaply...

If you want an iPad - Today's model - Just buy one.

You can spend an awful lot of time waiting for "tomorrow's model" but in the tech world things are always moving - So if the current model fits your current needs, just get it.

Now, if you wanted it for something like Skype/FaceTime video chats, obviously the current model won't do that (no cameras)... So you should wait until it has what you want.

But, the waiting game just means that you're waiting for as-yet-unknown features to be released at an as-yet-unknown point in time, at which point you can either do the waiting in line thing, or wait another few months until the demand has died down and you can actually walk in and buy one. In that time, you could have been enjoying actually having one (of today's model) - And in many cases, having that extra time with a useful device is worth more than waiting for a few features you might not use.

That said - If you think you're going to want the potential new features, I would guess we'll know what the features and the release date will be by the end of January, at which point you can at least make a more informed decision.

I'd honestly wait. eevn if you dont want the new one, wait. Because when the new one comes out you will be able to get the old one for bananas

Actually, not really the case with Apple stuff any more - They sell out of the "old" model, and the demand is so high for the new model that they're practically impossible to get, so for some period of time after the introduction of the new model, you'll see the "old" model going for more than retail on eBay.

Well here's whats really in an ipad... :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• inside_ipad.jpg
    inside_ipad.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 104
Cameras, maybe higher screen resolution... Who really knows. It'll be better, somehow.

If you want an iPad - Today's model - Just buy one.

You can spend an awful lot of time waiting for "tomorrow's model" but in the tech world things are always moving - So if the current model fits your current needs, just get it.

Now, if you wanted it for something like Skype/FaceTime video chats, obviously the current model won't do that (no cameras)... So you should wait until it has what you want.

But, the waiting game just means that you're waiting for as-yet-unknown features to be released at an as-yet-unknown point in time, at which point you can either do the waiting in line thing, or wait another few months until the demand has died down and you can actually walk in and buy one. In that time, you could have been enjoying actually having one (of today's model) - And in many cases, having that extra time with a useful device is worth more than waiting for a few features you might not use.

That said - If you think you're going to want the potential new features, I would guess we'll know what the features and the release date will be by the end of January, at which point you can at least make a more informed decision.

Actually, not really the case with Apple stuff any more - They sell out of the "old" model, and the demand is so high for the new model that they're practically impossible to get, so for some period of time after the introduction of the new model, you'll see the "old" model going for more than retail on eBay.

I have three laptops already, and soon a Kindle. I don't actually need this. It would be a "what the heck" purchase.

That said, if it were easier to DL photos onto it, I'd probably jump on it. Right now there are no slots to do so easily - I think you need a converter kit.

if you return anything it's now a refurb. you can't resell something that you aready sold as new.

Bingo. That's it, although personally I find it hard to believe that someone would buy an Apple product, not like it, and subsequently, return it. :crazy:

Ride 'em hard and put 'em up wet!!! Seriously, didn't you know a CPU has a finite number of processing cycles? I used up all their Gigahertz! :D

Some were passed on to family members when I upgraded, some were purchased as gifts when family had need and I didn't have a hand-me-down to give. The Mini is a fantastic value for replacing dead PC's. The best one was probably when I gave my old Quicksilver (867 MHz G4) to my Dad -- my "customer support" calls to him went down to ZERO when we ditched his crappy PC, and that machine ran for 3 more years after the three years I had already put on it!!! Sweet.

Yes. :D

I have three laptops already, and soon a Kindle. I don't actually need this. It would be a "what the heck" purchase.

I looked at a Kindle when helping a friend research possibly self-publishing with Amazon's ebook service. After seeing it, and then seeing the iPad, I wondered WTF would anyone ever buy a Kindle.

That said, if it were easier to DL photos onto it, I'd probably jump on it. Right now there are no slots to do so easily - I think you need a converter kit.

Well, here's your connection kit, you be the judge:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A

I have been hearing rumors that the new iPad 2 might sprout one of those "standard" mini USB connectors. Gonna have to stay tuned for that one.

Yes. :D

I looked at a Kindle when helping a friend research possibly self-publishing with Amazon's ebook service. After seeing it, and then seeing the iPad, I wondered WTF would anyone ever buy a Kindle.

Well, here's your connection kit, you be the judge:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A

I have been hearing rumors that the new iPad 2 might sprout one of those "standard" mini USB connectors. Gonna have to stay tuned for that one.

sigh.

If you've ever sat and read for an hour on a kindle, and then sat and read for an hour on an ipad, you'd understand.

The kindle is an ebook reader with internet connectivity. The iPad is a big ipod touch with an ebook app, but it's definitely not a comparable ebook reader at all. One is backlight while the other is the natural book way, not backlit.

It makes a huge difference on your eyes after reading an ipad for about 30 minutes
Why quote the standard? It's a standard and Apple is the only large electronics company that refuses to abide by it. Their connectors are USB connectors, they just lack the USB shape factor and they've gotten sued in the past for it.

But again, this is America, where those who have the money are above the rules

If you've ever sat and read for an hour on a kindle, and then sat and read for an hour on an ipad, you'd understand.

The kindle is an ebook reader with internet connectivity. The iPad is a big ipod touch with an ebook app, but it's definitely not a comparable ebook reader at all. One is backlight while the other is the natural book way, not backlit.

It makes a huge difference on your eyes after reading an ipad for about 30 minutes

Fair enough. I just fiddled with them for about 10 minutes each. One thing that surprised me was the slow refresh of the Kindle's screen for anything other than non-book material (i.e. web pages). I knew e-ink technology wasn't too speedy, but I was appalled. It looked awful.

Why quote the standard? It's a standard and Apple is the only large electronics company that refuses to abide by it. Their connectors are USB connectors, they just lack the USB shape factor and they've gotten sued in the past for it.

But again, this is America, where those who have the money are above the rules
The Apple 30-pin connector carries more than the USB connection. Remember, the first iPods had Firewire adapters, so that's 6 pins right there. USB requires 4 pins. It provides audio interfaces as well. That's why you can do things like plug an iPod into a speaker/clock radio/stereo dock. Finally, I think there is room for serial interface as well (i.e. RS-232) for controller features. The dock ain't gong away.

Back