New Here

Flynmid

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
FlyinRyan
So I've been lurking a while and I figured it was time I opened my mouth... or.. keyboard?
Anyways from what I've seen you seem like a fairly intelligent group :yesnod:

Me:
I've got my PPL and I'm working on my Instrument now. Shortly after taking my checkride I got my tailwheel endorsement in a Champ.

I'm in school (actually working on a bachelors through Embry Riddle in Aeronautics)

I'm a third gen pilot in my family and I've loved flying literally longer than I can remember.

Welcome!

I'm mostly a lurker here, but I'm the one that found you wandering around the virtual airport looking for signs of life, so I guess I get to be the greeting committee. Stick around and make yourself at home.

FlyinRyan...Welcome buddy! I see you are in NC, if you fly into KPVG or the Norfolk area hit me up for lunch! Best of luck with your instrument training. Are you taking the checkride with Henry Joyner by chance?

Tony

So I've been lurking a while and I figured it was time I opened my mouth... or.. keyboard?

We've got another sucker, folks! ;) ;) ;)

He thinks we're intelligent.

FlyinRyan...Welcome buddy! I see you are in NC, if you fly into KPVG or the Norfolk area hit me up for lunch! Best of luck with your instrument training. Are you taking the checkride with Henry Joyner by chance?

Tony

Tony, My son is stationed in Norfolk and I keep threatening to fly there to see him. If I ever do I will let you know. Where are you based, if I flew in I would probably go into Hampton Rds Executive.

Welcome to the dysfunctional junction! We're happy to meet you.

The truth will come out eventually.

I've loved flying literally longer than I can remember.

That's a trick question from your AME. Probably best not answered exactly in that manner.

But anyway, yeah, welcome. I don't usually do welcome threads but you look a fun guy to pick on haha.

Tony, My son is stationed in Norfolk and I keep threatening to fly there to see him. If I ever do I will let you know. Where are you based, if I flew in I would probably go into Hampton Rds Executive.

Tim- You probably don't have to threaten to hard:) I alway love having family drop in for a visit!

KPVG is my stomping grounds and think that would be your best bet. Is he Stationed at NOB (Navy I'm assuming)?

If you and your Son have a minute we'll grab some lunch at the Blue Skies grill.

Enjoy your holiday Season,

Tony

Tony

Thanks! I took my PPL checkride with Fred something in SC. It was a couple years ago so I can't remember his last name. But I may take you up on that offer if I make my way over. I'm based at KAFP

So how much tailwheel time you got? where did you fly the 7AC?

I've got about 20 hours. I'd have much more but a year ago the Champ was bounced pretty hard and the gear collapsed so the prop struck the ground. It's been out of service waiting for an engine ever since.

That's a trick question from your AME. Probably best not answered exactly in that manner.

Howso?

Welcome to the board. You'll enjoy it here.

Back