New here

adam86107

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
adam86107
So I've been an aircraft mechanic for the past 10 years and have recently decided that if I'm going to spend my life working on airplanes that I might as well fly them as well. It all began when I joined the Air Force in 2001, before that I had never even touched an airplane let alone flown in one. I began my career as a crew chief on the B-1B and when my enlistment was up in 2007 decided to take a different route with my life. It didn't take long for me to come with terms that I was an aircraft mechanic so I got my A&P license. I went to work for Eagle working on ERJ's and Saab 340B's until a new civilian contract came open maintaining the B-1B, this is where I work now. I've given into the idea that I'm going to be in and around airplanes for the rest of my life so I started ground school about a month ago. So this brings me here, in hopes of furthering my knowledge and getting help with any questions I may encounter along my journey. Who knows maybe I could be useful with my experience as an aircraft mechanic.

It seems is spite of yourself the talons of aviation have you in their grips.

So how many hydraulic systems on the Bone? Wait, I mean, where are you training? Someone from POA is bound to be near you. Welcome to POA.

Yeah i think I'm in it for the long haul, but I ain't complaining. I'll be doing training with TSTC Abilene in a Piper Warrior.

Adam,

Thanks for your service and welcome to POA.

I'm sure there will be plenty of info available to digest and no doubt POA members close by to hook up with.

Welcome to POA - Abilene is a nice central location for doing X/C to all over Texas. You'll have some wind there too :)

Welcome! I'm based in Fort Worth, and fly/drive over/through Abilene every now and then. Perhaps one day in the future we can meet up for lunch.

Welcome!
I had stopped flying the Bone when you came into the service. So they are using contract maint at "The Abyss" (Dyess) now?

I know a few small Corp companies that look for pilots to hold A&P certificates. But to get there it is a right time right place event.

B52G, '85-'87, B1B, '87-'98, Retired '03.

Welcome!
I had stopped flying the Bone when you came into the service. So they are using contract maint at "The Abyss" (Dyess) now?

I know a few small Corp companies that look for pilots to hold A&P certificates. But to get there it is a right time right place event.

B52G, '85-'87, B1B, '87-'98, Retired '03.

Yeah there are about 30 of us mainly to do the HSC inspections but we maintain all systems and take the jobs that the active duty guys don't have the experience with or don't have the manpower for.

Any chance you could change your name? We're over-run with Adam's here already.;)

Welcome! So you can work as a mechanic to make $ and spend it all on flying. Perfect combo. ;)

Back