New here-thought I should say hello

Tim Abbott

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tim Abbott
Hi all,

Name is Tim. I'm a low time student pilot in W. Newbury, MA. I've been reading up on the forums the past week or so and love what I see, seems like a great community. I'm starting my PPL, actually had a lesson this morning over at KLWM.

Loved aviation since I can remember and to satisfy the urge when the wallet was thin, was flight sim. I've amassed quite the setup, and it certainly helped today :)

Other than aviation, I'm cyclist for a regional racing team and help rescue border collies.

I look forward to learning as much as I can from this fine group (should I use the word fine loosely?):rolleyes: If anyone flies out of KLWM and you're feeling charitable, let me know!

Tim:blueplane:

Welcome to the board, Tim! Thanks for introducing yourself!

Welcome, Tim. The closest I've come to KLWM was to "identify" it off my left wingtip during my dual night X-ctry from Auburn-Lewiston, ME to Bedford-Hanscom. I'm based at KIWI Wiscasset, Maine. Gather your questions; you'll get good answers from PoA.

HR

Welcome to POA Tim,

I'm based at LWM, maybe we'll cross paths sometime soon.
Which FBO are you taking lessons with?

Glad to see you've started to take lessons and pursue a dream.
Good luck with your training.

Thanks Adam! I went up with Eagle East today. May try out Executive Flyers as well, but I really liked the CFI I went with.

Tim

Hey Tim; Welcome. Check out the local EAA chapter (EAA106). They have a hangar at LWM and monthly have some aviation related event. Today, they're meeting at the cafe there; a $100 breakfast run for some.

Hello.
I've landed at KLWM a couple times. I did my flight training at Executive Flyers based out of KBED. Just wanted to write and let you know that they are a good school.

Welcome and enjoy flying..... It is a lifelong addiction..:yesnod::yesnod:

Ben
Jackson Hole WY.

Hi all,

Name is Tim. I'm a low time student pilot in W. Newbury, MA. I've been reading up on the forums the past week or so and love what I see, seems like a great community. I'm starting my PPL, actually had a lesson this morning over at KLWM.

Loved aviation since I can remember and to satisfy the urge when the wallet was thin, was flight sim. I've amassed quite the setup, and it certainly helped today :)

Great and Welcome to Pilots of America, the front porch of aviation. I see AdamB affectionatly referred to as A2 had introduced himself. He's a good guy get to know him and beg for a ride to the flybq:D

Other than aviation, I'm cyclist for a regional racing team and help rescue border collies.

We have a few cyclist and dog rescuers here as well. Andrew Stanley of FlyBQ fame rides the Dana Farber Pan Mass Challange every year well he used to anyway till that bone head slammed into him.

I look forward to learning as much as I can from this fine group (should I use the word fine loosely?):rolleyes: If anyone flies out of KLWM and you're feeling charitable, let me know!

Tim:blueplane:

Ah I can see you will fit right in yes you should use the word 'fine' loosely LOL. Seriously welcome to POA and stay involved. And go to the flyins!

get in, sit down, strap up, and hold on!

Seriously, welcome aboard and have fun.

Alan

Thanks all!

If all goes well with work, I should have my license by the end of the year, if not sooner. There's a small matter of an engagement ring that will be purchased this year as well and she doesn't quite understand that being able to fly to awesome places is better than staring a ring :yesnod:

However, when I broached that option all I got was :rofl::nono:

I'd love to attend said flyins and truly hope to!

I have talked the first lady into going to sun'n'fun for a couple days with a promised trip to seaworld.

I'm quite tired of sitting at my flightsim even though I have some pretty cool stuff :) Time to fly for real!

Tim

Tim:

Late to the party - Welcome!

Back