New here, Just saying hi

FlightFollowing

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Flightfollowing
Whats up,
My name is woody.. I have a couple of hours on my name.. But not enough to take my checkride yet. I'm 19 years old. I'm part owner of a few sucessfull restaurants in Washington D.C. I also plan to manage one of them this summer to aid in my pilot training, school and my Multi-engine aircraft fund, I attend George mason university in Virginia. I'm not sure yet if I want to transfer to a school and take advantage of thier aviation program or stay up here and finish my 4 year Business administration degree and just get my ratings slowly from a FBO... What would you guys do? Anyways I don't want to sound like I am bragging about myself... But I am just a regular kid, trying to land a job that will make me happy.

I have alot of questions on my mind but its way too late for me to start ;).. Everyone have a great weekend and rack up on that Flight time...

Oh and weather has been crappy on the east coast for those people wondering... i've been weathered 4 times in a row now....snow...:( lets hope I get to fly tommrow

Teerawood said:
Whats up,
My name is woody.. I have a couple of hours on my name.. But not enough to take my checkride yet. I'm 19 years old. I'm part owner of a few sucessfull restaurants in Washington D.C. I also plan to manage one of them this summer to aid in my pilot training, school and my Multi-engine aircraft fund, I attend George mason university in Virginia. I'm not sure yet if I want to transfer to a school and take advantage of thier aviation program or stay up here and finish my 4 year Business administration degree and just get my ratings slowly from a FBO... What would you guys do? Anyways I don't want to sound like I am bragging about myself... But I am just a regular kid, trying to land a job that will make me happy.

I have alot of questions on my mind but its way too late for me to start ;).. Everyone have a great weekend and rack up on that Flight time...

Oh and weather has been crappy on the east coast for those people wondering... i've been weathered 4 times in a row now....snow...:( lets hope I get to fly tommrow

Welcome Woody glad to have you on the PoA board.

Have a good flight. I know I will today.

Mark

Hi Woody!

Welcome to Pilots of America. Lots of folks (including myself) have started out similar to you. You're definitely not alone here.

As far as your schooling, how far along are you in your current degree? What's your ultimate goal: piloting or a career that has an aviation slant? You can use a BA just about anywhere, including as a pilot.

Welcome, Woody.

At the very least, finish up that college degree. A BA is good, you will want to get experience in the real world (though I note you have a couple of restaurants, an industry almost as notorious as aviation for spawning business failures). You might want to consider getting an MBA at some point, especially if you want to look into some other industries.

Some of us here got our pilot training later in life. Some started early, put it on hold, and started again later. Nothing wrong with the Part 61 programs, as long as you take the initiative to follow-through and hold your instructors to the education.

Welcome aboard Woody!

May I ask what restaurants you are involved with? I'm in Baltimore and always interesed in good places to eat! :)

Greebo said:
Welcome aboard Woody!

May I ask what restaurants you are involved with? I'm in Baltimore and always interesed in good places to eat! :)

I'm involed with Thaiphoon Located In Dupont circle, Pentagon Row and Mai thai Located in Old town, Virginia.

I think I am going to Continue my Degree in BA but at the same time take Flight classes and get ratings at an FBO.. thats what i am doing now.. i seem to be juggling it well... The weather is crappy and i still get about 2+ hours a week

Hey woody,
Whats goin on. I am Rudy, i am 18 yrs old and go to school at Pittsburg State University in Kansas. I looked into the flying schools and pretty much figured out that if you want a job in aviation you are better off having a degree as well as your training. I decided to stay around here and do all that I can as far as training goes. Im almost done with my private(only a few hours before my check-ride) and am already looking into my instrument rating, after that i plan on a multi-engine, and commercial license.

Rudy said:
Hey woody,
Whats goin on. I am Rudy, i am 18 yrs old and go to school at Pittsburg State University in Kansas. I looked into the flying schools and pretty much figured out that if you want a job in aviation you are better off having a degree as well as your training. I decided to stay around here and do all that I can as far as training goes. Im almost done with my private(only a few hours before my check-ride) and am already looking into my instrument rating, after that i plan on a multi-engine, and commercial license.
Thats awesome... Good job on getting early start... I wish i would have started early...

Yeah, your training time will fly by. It's an awesome hobby. I didnt put in my other message either that i am double majoring in buisness management and buisness marketing.

send any questions you have my way i would be glad to try and help

Back