For Sale New Hampshire Airpark Home

pa30b

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
pa30b
For your possible interest:

My friend (former Eastern Airlines Captain) is selling his airpark home in New London, NH. New London is in South/Central New Hampshire, close to skiing, boating and all sorts of outdoor recreation. In town are four lakes, including Lake Sunapee.

The airpark only has about 6 houses, 5 with hangars. About 2700’ x 60’. Clear approach over the wonderful golf course which abuts. Designator NH40.

The house for sale is a large timber-frame custom home about 20 years old, thoroughly upgraded, no issues. Large detached hangar with workshop.

The airport is in good shape, no crazy association fees or controversies. I built a hangar across the runway and plan to build a home there in the next year or two. We all chip in on airport maintenance as we have time, cutting the grass, etc in a friendly way. Common sense—it’s the New Hampshire way! Very low traffic or noise.

Walk out the front door, there is the runway. Walk out the back door onto the golf course. Ten minutes in the car to some of the best ski mountains in New England. It would be a wonderful home for a pilot/golfer/skier.

New London is a very upscale small community with great restaurants, activities, medical care and very nice residents.

My involvement is only as a friend of the owner, but I would be happy to answer any questions that come up. I am very familiar with the airport and the area. I have kept my Twin Comanche there since 1999.

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/nh/new-london/104-eagles-nest-

https://www.lakesunapeecc.com/

I'm from around those parts, that is a great part of the state. No income tax or general sales tax in NH, that's why property taxes are higher. Nearby Lake Sunapee in the summer, Mt. Sunapee in the winter, and a private golf course next door. Pretty great spot, but it is cold in NH in the winter! NOTE: I don't know the seller and have zero connection to the property.

Man I’d love to move back to that area. Lived in Grantham for a bit when I was a kid. Beautiful part of the state.

I’d love it in the summer, but hate it in the winter. Nice place nonetheless!

As much as I REALLY like NH for north east US, that’s a little rich for my taste.

Good luck on the sale, she is pretty

I’d love it in the summer, but hate it in the winter. Nice place nonetheless!
My feelings exactly. That is why my thoughts ran to living there in the summer and leasing it out during the skiing season.

Runway or not, too much $$ to justify living in that part of the world unless you're on the lake or closer to the mountains, IMO.

Man I’d love to move back to that area. Lived in Grantham for a bit when I was a kid. Beautiful part of the state.

I spend a good amount of time in Croydon.... Knowing some of the people there, I'd be careful how loudly you say that! :)

My feelings exactly. That is why my thoughts ran to living there in the summer and leasing it out during the skiing season.

You'd be lucky if you could cover your prop taxes... Plenty of ski condos available much closer to the bigger mountains at ~1k/mo...

There’s no way I’m moving to New Hampshire and living on a gravel road no less, but that’s a beautiful place. No pics of the hangar :(

A house down the end of my street just sold for the same price and it's only on 5/8 of an acre and its only half the size of this house doesn't have skiing, cottage or a hangar on it. The ad does need pictures of the hangar

taxes, OUCH

No state income tax.

In MD we pay that for property taxes and get clobbered with top tier state income tax to boot.

Last edited:
Back