New Guy

Big G

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Big G
Hello all. Still in training for my PPL, but getting closer. About a year into it. Already had my solo endorsement for schools planes but ended up buying a Dakota last month and have spent the last few weeks learning the plane and getting my high performance endorsement.

Anyhow, no particular questions just wanted to introduce myself.

Cheers!

Great plane! Twenty years ago I found a Dakota for my good buddy. He loves it. Great family hauler.
Welcome. Good luck on your training. Keep us updated.

Thanks guys. Have about 12 hours in the plane now. Flew today. Weather was great. I'm hooked for sure.

Where are you training?

My first plane was a Dakota at 200 hours. More than 1,000 hours later and I still have it. It has taken me to 41 states and 4 foreign countries. Wonderful aircraft.

Hello all. Still in training for my PPL, but getting closer. About a year into it. Already had my solo endorsement for schools planes but ended up buying a Dakota last month and have spent the last few weeks learning the plane and getting my high performance endorsement.

Cheers!
What plane ya gonna to checkride in?

Welcome to the best place on the web for discussing macroeconomics, beer brewing, and ammo selection. Once in a while when we’re sober and not shooting at each other, we fly airplanes.

Grab an IPA and a box of 5.56 and join in!

I'm in North Florida. Flying the Dakota for my check ride. Have about 28 hours in it since I got it last month. Sure is a lot nicer than the trainer planes.

And I'm a member of a fishing forum, so I'm well versed in the conversation deviations to beer and ammo.

... well versed in the conversation deviations to beer and ammo.
I detected a sequencing problem in your response. See, we're more likely to focus on beer, and/or whiskey, and ammo, with a slant towards throwing money in the air.

Oh, and welcome.

Cheers!
Brad

Congratulations on buying your bird while you are a student pilot! That's what I did in 2004 and bought a 1968 Cherokee 140. I have not regretted it. Being an aircraft owner is different than being a renter. It is a whole new way of looking at flying! Good luck.

Back