New Guy

Erik Snyman

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Johnny. Johnny Walker.
Hello Listers

Erik Snyman from Australia here. I just signed up to Pilots of America, and thank you for having me.
As stated, I live in Oz, have been for the past 12 years. Born and bred in Africa, but left after 44 years, for various reasons.
I am a private pilot, flying a C172. I am also an avid builder, with a few builds under the belt. Current project is a Bede BD-4. Tail dragger, 2 seats, 18 inch fuselage stretch and a Conti IO-470.

A good day to all, and again, thanks for having me.

Erik Snyman
Australia.

Welcome to PoA!

Where in Australia ? it's a big place

A small little town in New South Wales, called Parkes. Around 350 kms due west of Sydney.
WoW ! I looked it up, that is near the middle of nowhere. :) 11 thousand folks, airport, my kind of place.

WoW ! I looked it up, that is near the middle of nowhere. :) 11 thousand folks, airport, my kind of place.
That`r right. Lovely place to live and watch my kids grow up.

Welcome on board!
But...:needpics:

How about some pictures of your current BD project. :thumbsup:

I spent 5 days in Perth, (1981) and 7 in Sidney, (1964)
always wanted to go back.
Well, now is as good a time as any! China virus permitting, of course. Let me know when you come. (LOL....I was born in 1964...)

Welcome on board!
But...:needpics:

How about some pictures of your current BD project. :thumbsup:
Thank you, GRG. My BD is a stripped frame atm. It is getting a re-build after a 18 inch stretch. I have only the wings and tail pieces to show. Watch this space, though.

Sweeet..... Welcome to POA
edit: how did you hear of POA
Thank you, AKBill. I was scrolling around on the web and this forum came up. I had a look, liked, and joined.

Hello Listers

Erik Snyman from Australia here. I just signed up to Pilots of America, and thank you for having me.
As stated, I live in Oz, have been for the past 12 years. Born and bred in Africa, but left after 44 years, for various reasons.
I am a private pilot, flying a C172. I am also an avid builder, with a few builds under the belt. Current project is a Bede BD-4. Tail dragger, 2 seats, 18 inch fuselage stretch and a Conti IO-470.

A good day to all, and again, thanks for having me.

Erik Snyman
Australia.

Welcome, I should warn you that it is offensive to talk about such a cool project without posting pictures. (not really, but I still want to see pics of the project)

A small little town in New South Wales, called Parkes. Around 350 kms due west of Sydney.
Is that near the radio telescope of the same name?

Great to have you, I just got back from Australia in March. We were doing a wine tour this tie so no flying. The previous trip we rented a 172 and flew from Brisbane to Uluru and Alice Springs and back hitting various small towns.

Back