New guy but soloed today

Bhenneman

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Brent
Yup polished off my 15th hr today and got to solo. First t&g went well then flew the pattern a bit the 2nd went well and thennn the full stop was going well and something went wrong in the front gear after rolling for a bit. Violent shakes but taxied in safe. Anyway, just glad I knocked it out.

Yup polished off my 15th hr today and got to solo. First t&g went well then flew the pattern a bit the 2nd went well and thennn the full stop was going well and something went wrong in the front gear after rolling for a bit. Violent shakes but taxied in safe. Anyway, just glad I knocked it out.

The infamous nosewheel shimmy. Was this in a Cessna?

btw

congrats

Yep-the Cessna nose wheel shimmy...as you get used to controlling the plane on rollout, you willl be able to feel how much pressure to keep on the nose wheel as you roll out. Happens alot to us all who fly em. Have the shop/school/fbo check out the shimmy damper and make sure the thru-bolts are torqued correctly.

BTW CONGRATS! did you get your shirt cut as well?

Brent - Congratulations on your solo!

Ain't it a great thing?

I remember my solo like it was yesterday, and I soloed at TKI - three times 'round the pattern and the controller, on the third time around, said, "Cleared for the option - but don't forget to pick up your instructor- he looks a little lonesome down there!"

Keep us posted on your progress - and welcome to Pilots of America!

/s/ Spike
(Bonanza, Addison-based)

Oh yeah I even wore the cut shirt up to chilis to watch the rangers win! And yup it's a 172.

Oh yeah I even wore the cut shirt up to chilis to watch the rangers win! And yup it's a 172.

Insist that it gets fixed, it is not normal, and shows the aircraft has been neglected.

Howdy neighbor from Denton, TX!!

There is a good group of us over at DFWPilots.com. You're invited over there to join us and keep up with the locals.

Congrats on the solo! You're now officially addicted.

--Mike
(Based at KDTO with a rented Warrior III)

Congratulations!

I'm another DFW'er, sort of. I live and fly about 100 miles NorthEast of the Metroplex.

Congratulations!

I'm another DFW'er, sort of. I live and fly about 100 miles NorthEast of the Metroplex.
Give it 5-10 years... and you'll be swallowed up like McKinney was.

Give it 5-10 years... and you'll be swallowed up like McKinney was.

Nope, I'm a lot farther out in the boondocks than that. It won't happen in my lifetime. I live 20 miles from the nearest railroad track or four lane highway. I've been here 25 years and there have been only a few places built within five miles of me since that time.

I share this part of the country only with the wildlife and the livestock.

Doc

I put a Lord shimmy dampened on my 152 years ago. No more shimmy ness....

Congrats on your solo!

Back