New Garden N57

John221us

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
John
I am going to be near New Garden in PA for work at the end of the month/beginning of next month and was thinking about renting a plane for an hour or two to check out the sights. Any Pireps or recommendations?

John, Thats somewhat in my back yard as it is Anthony's, Gary's and a bunch of other Philadelphia area POAers. I'll PM you my cell number and perhaps we can put something together. There are lots of things to rent in the area, give me a call and I can fill you in.

I used to be based at New Garden when I had my Cherokee prior to the Tiger. It is a neat little airport with a nice air museum with flyable classic aircraft. What do you want to know?

It has been a while since I've been down there but they used to have an active flight school with mainly Traumahawks.

http://www.n57.com/

I used to be based at New Garden when I had my Cherokee prior to the Tiger. It is a neat little airport with a nice air museum with flyable classic aircraft. What do you want to know?

It has been a while since I've been down there but they used to have an active flight school with mainly Traumahawks.

http://www.n57.com/

I am probably going to have a day or two to kill after my project wraps up and I was thinking it might be fun to see the area from the air. Adam sent me a PM about a possible get together. I would also be interested in where to fly and what to see. In my area, we have some memorable flights and destinations, such as the Bay Tour and Half Moon Bay for lunch. I suppose I could just call the flight school, but I thought I would reach out to you guys, in order to make the most of it. When I was in Orlando about a year and half ago, I was able to go up in a Stearman from a nearby turf field with a museum. That was a blast.

If you want right seat in my Tiger, you got it, weather and schedule permitting. If you want PIC time, the flight schools in the area that Adam probably PM'd you are the ticket.

If you want right seat in my Tiger, you got it, weather and schedule permitting. If you want PIC time, the flight schools in the area that Adam probably PM'd you are the ticket.

Thanks Anthony, I might take you up on that or do both. I should have firmer dates by tomorrow.

Keep in mind that Anthony may not be in the left seat because well Anthony just abhors any thing left. :rofl::rofl:

SORRY HUMOR HUMOR ALERT. IT WAS A JOKE, I JUST COULD NOT RESIST.

Seriously Anthony and Gary and I can set something up I'm sure.

You're correct Adam. That's just about the only place in which I am left. :D

There's a poker run the weekend of October 6th. Will you be in town for that? I'm pondering flying it myself. One of the stops is my home airport.. N14.

http://www.funplacestofly.com/events/eventdetails.asp?EventID=13342

I am not sure. At this point, it looks like I may have the 3rd and maybe the 4th free. My GF is going to be in NYC on the 5th and I was going to go meet her. I guess I might be able to extend another day or two and drive back over, but that is a fair amount of driving. We'll see.

It looks like I am working onsite through the fourth, but maybe I can break off a little early. I will be less than a mile from N57. New York is up in the air (no pun intended), so I might have Saturday.

Ok, I booked a one way flight to PHL tomorrow morning, early. I am currently commited to the job site until the 4th and I still don't know about NYC, though I will probably end up there by Sunday and book my return flight from there. I can probably free up at 4 or 5 o'clock on Tuesday through Thursday, maybe even a bit earlier on Thursday, if anyone is interested in meeting up for at least a beer.

They have an eaa/ pancake event Oct 6th at N57. I'm hoping to stop there on my way to virginia.

Back