NEW Flying Club in South Florida!

Gusecu

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Gusecu
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that there is a new flying club at North Perry Field (KHWO) in Hollywood, FL! Octopus Flying Club has an Archer here at North Perry, and 3 more planes (Warrior, Arrow, Socata TB 200) up in MD at KGAI.

Monthly dues are $95 and the hourly rate (wet) for the Archer is $112 tachtime.

http://octopusflyingclub.com/

Hope this helps anyone looking for a real club down here like I was!
Gus

Nice.

I'll take a look at the club website. South FL seems to have a noticeable lack of real clubs and I've been looking for an "affordable" solution for some weekend trips.

Yup... As a member, you get your own set of keys (no checking in or out - just get in the plane and go), covered by the clubs insurance, online scheduling, no daily minimums, and no hobbs time...

I love the club, and was a member when I lived in MD, but then I moved down here 2 years ago and could not find a club, so I talked with the board and they decided to expand down here.

It is an awesome opportunity!

Hmmm... You interested in adding a nice 310 to the club? I agree, South Florida has been needing a good club for a long time.

Hmmm... You interested in adding a nice 310 to the club? I agree, South Florida has been needing a good club for a long time.

Haha... you looking to do a leaseback? I am not sure the club could get/afford insurance on a twin ;)

Look at Plus One Flyers reaction in San Diego, ask them how they do it.

Impressive! Anything is possible, we just need to pick up some members here in South Florida, and then we can start expanding the fleet here!

Cool! I'm in Tampa for work but my main residence is in Pembroke Pines....flew to KHWO this past weekend.

So the planes are in MD ? How would this work?

Cool! I'm in Tampa for work but my main residence is in Pembroke Pines....flew to KHWO this past weekend.

So the planes are in MD ? How would this work?

They expanded to SoFL. Single Archer at North Perry Airport. Give the website a glance. Gus has already answered some questions for me today. Looks promising.

I didn't pick up on that! Where did you see that the planes are in MD?

The website in the link, and his own words.

The pictures on the website show all planes in an airport that I know it's not North Perry.

PS: I think one of the planes, the Archer is in North Perry.

The website in the link, and his own words.

The pictures on the website show all planes in an airport that I know it's not North Perry.

PS: I think one of the planes, the Archer is in North Perry.

He said he was in the club in MD but when he moved to South Florida, he talked the club into expanding down there too. I can only interpret that as that now they have (or will have) planes in both places.

And the web site said they expanded to Florida in June. It is NOW June. the web site may not be updated yet.

Last edited:
Agreed. It looks like one of the planes, the Archer, is in Florida and the club will expand as more members join in down here. That's my interpretation and I'm sure the OP will chime in if we misunderstood.

Yes, the club is now in BOTH places! We have 3 planes (warrior, arrow, and TB 200 at GAI in Maryland, and 1 plane (archer - N6151H) here at North Perry. Once we get the membership up here, we will add another plane.

Thanks,

Gus

Last edited:
Agreed. It looks like one of the planes, the Archer, is in Florida and the club will expand as more members join in down here. That's my interpretation and I'm sure the OP will chime in if we misunderstood.

That is exactly the situation. Feel free to email or pm me if you have any questions, or if you would like to see the plane. You can also contact us through the club's website.

Thanks,

Gus

Last edited:
Back