New Flight Design low wing LSA announced

"What's the shiny metal thing hanging by the nose gear?"
The Rotax exhaust pipe.
Development and production is happening simultaneously in S.Korea and Germany/Ukraine.

According to news reports, Konkuk University and 10 other S.Korean institutions have spent nearly $25 million developing the KLA-100, as a means of fostering the GA market in S.Korea.
83763_63831_736.jpg

That video has bogus stuff in it.

It appears to have a ripped-off photo of a Cirrus chute test over the desert.

It also sounds like fake audio soundtrack with a turbine engine.

Wow, that's impressive! Sounds just like a turbine jet! :p

In all seriousness, it looks good and I'm anxious to find out the true specs, wing loading, glide ratio of the aircraft.

[edit] NoHeat beat me by mere seconds regarding the turbine sound!

have spent nearly $25 million developing
HOW?!?!?

Have aviation costs (and costs in general) really gotten that out of control? The Cessna 170 and original Cherokee are the foundational standard of just about all GA planes and those were specifically built to be simple, sturdy, and dependable... (yes I know there are others, Beech, Grumman, etc., but Pipers and Cessnas dominate the market and most prolific rental fleet out there, Warrior/Archer and 172 came from the 170 and original Cherokee) and the fact that we have 30-40 year old models still chugging along proves that point

What on earth could $25M have been spent on using known technologies..?? Give 1 competent person autocad and $100K and they'll build the same thing

Since this was a Government project, I'm sure they spent more than needed. But, look around, there haven't been a lot of newly certified aircraft. It's gotten to the point where it takes many years and million$. This project goes back many years. Hopefully, all the research and engineering that has gone into the project will produce a nice aircraft. We still don't know important performance and capacity numbers, or flight characteristics.

Yes...regulatory compliance requirements and testing have gotten that out of control. Not to mention exec salaries. :confused:

Back