New feature on ConUS web site

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
I've added a new feature to the goflyamerica.org site. It only applies to registered pilots but will allow you to see newly entered claims.

When you log on you should see a new menu option called "New Claims" with a number following it, like: New Claims (334). This shows how many new claims have been approved since the last time you marked the claims as reviewed.

Click on that option and all of the claims will be listed. You'll also see an option to produce a map of those claims.

Close to the top of the listing page there is a link which says "Click here to mark these claims as reviewed." Click on that link and the claims listed won't appear as new claims the next time you log on.

If there are no new claims the next time you log on the menu option won't appear.

The first time you log on you'll see all of the claims listed - since you haven't yet marked them as reviewed.

This was a pretty quick addition so if there are any problems with it please let me know. My testing was a bit limited.

I like it too, but Chip wouldn't it be more fun to go claim some airports than program new features into the website?:dunno:

OK I'm kidding, but if you want another feature to add how about when you log in and it says we should have claimed 522 airport and we have claimed 334, we add each pilot should have claimed 522/149 (4) and you have claimed X.

Joe

good idea, a little guilt trip never hurt anyone.

*havent claimed any...yet!*

Areeda said:
I like it too, but Chip wouldn't it be more fun to go claim some airports than program new features into the website?:dunno:
Joe
Right you are. I've decided not to claim any airports within 50 NM of my home airport so it's going a little slow for me. I need to pick a day and make the rounds.

gibbons said:
Right you are. I've decided not to claim any airports within 50 NM of my home airport so it's going a little slow for me. I need to pick a day and make the rounds.
Well who is going to claim them if you don't. When you make trips out to claim longer airports just stop in and claim one on each trip

JRitt said:
Well who is going to claim them if you don't.
I hope it's someone who hasn't been there (or at least doesn't come by very often).

ConUS is different for everyone I suspect. For me it's about going to airports I don't get to very often or, even better, airports I've never been to. So I've set a 50 mile rule for myself. YMMV. The main thing is, like Nick says, "have fun."

Back