New FBO at Quakertown PA

Gary

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Gary
The Upper Bucks Aviation Company is now open at UKT. The new C-172SP arrived Thursday and a second one is on the way. Construction starts on the new "terminal" on Monday. The flight school will resume and a resturant is in the works. Don't yet know what the rental rate will be.

A new batch of 100LL arrived and is now $2.99.

Never sat in a new airplane, does have that new car smell and everything is so clean and shiny! Guess I've got to learn how to operate the Garmin 1000's!

:yes:

Gary

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

WOO HOO!!!

Congrats, Gary!!! When you were talking to me about this at the Fly-B-Que at Wings I don't remember you mentioning the Garmin 1000s. Very nice, and a great looking plane!!

Give me a month or two. As soon as I can climb on the wing of a Skyhawk, we'll be up to sample your new planes.

Great going, and good luck!! :cheers:

Gary said:

Never sat in a new airplane, does have that new car smell and everything is so clean and shiny! Guess I've got to learn how to operate the Garmin 1000's!

Gary

Just paid $2.65 at Platte Valley 18V. When I first moved here it was $2.14. :mad:

Gary. Why would you rent a new Cessna when you have a beautiful Cherokee?

Anthony said:
Just paid $2.65 at Platte Valley 18V. When I first moved here it was $2.14. :mad:

If you are used to paying $2.65, I think you are in for a shock if you fly home for a visit. $2.99 is quite good.

Anthony said:

Keep hearing this low deep voice saying "come over to the dark side"! Just have to give it a try, for no other reason to look at the pretty display.

Gary

Joe Williams said:
If you are used to paying $2.65, I think you are in for a shock if you fly home for a visit. $2.99 is quite good.

$2.99 is the price this week after it increased from $2.89 the week before last. This time line being the way things are at Smoketown, PA.:)

Joe Williams said:

Yeah, I just checked Airnav for airports in the vicinity of N47. Seems N47's $2.99/gal ain't bad.

Earlier today at Platte Valley as I was taxiing to the pumps, two SE-5's (yes the WWI fighter) landed and taxied back to their hangars. Thought I had landed in France in 1917 for a second. After I fueled, three Yak 52's screamed overhead in formation then broke left, entering the pattern crosswind to downwind. Pretty cool. They landed to buy the relatively "cheap" fuel. Wonder what they burn per hour. Saw a Steraman on final at Centennial also. I think everyone was up today.

Joe Williams said:
Give me a month or two. As soon as I can climb on the wing of a Skyhawk, we'll be up to sample your new planes.

Hope you can stop by.. somebody has to pay the rent!!

Heard that Kutztown will be closing :mad: , there is a possibility that some of the operations there may move. It would be nice to have more activity at UKT. Re-starting the flight school will help a lot.

Gary

Gary said:

Heard that Kutztown will be closing :mad: , there is a possibility that some of the operations there may move. It would be nice to have more activity at UKT. Re-starting the flight school will help a lot.

Gary

I used to go to UKT to buy fuel when they had the Avfuel discount. Nice airport. Sad to hear Kutztown is closing? Are developers buying it?

Gary. Let us know how you like the G1000. I won't be getting one anytime soon. :)

Gary, are you based at UKT? A guy I knew had a Sky Arrow there, actually 2. One was a kit and the other which he sold was a certified one. I flew the certified one and almost bought one about 4-5 years ago. I bought the Diamond instead. I think the kit is still there.

C-1 PILOT said:
Gary, are you based at UKT? A guy I knew had a Sky Arrow there, actually 2. One was a kit and the other which he sold was a certified one. I flew the certified one and almost bought one about 4-5 years ago. I bought the Diamond instead. I think the kit is still there.

Yep, UKT is home base. I do remember the Sky Arrows!! He flew them pretty often. Very unusual looking. I haven't seen one around for maybe 2-3 years, don't know what happened to him or the Sky Arrows. Maybe stuck in a hanger somewhere?

Gary said:
The Upper Bucks Aviation Company is now open at UKT. The new C-172SP arrived Thursday and a second one is on the way. Construction starts on the new "terminal" on Monday. The flight school will resume and a resturant is in the works. Don't yet know what the rental rate will be.

Gary

Awsome! I'm in Lansdale and its always great to have other options for places to rent. Do they have a website yet?

Gary said:

Gary

What is this about Kutztown closing? When did you hear, how serious is the rumor, etc? This is my dinner spot with my daughter. I would think the diner alone would keep the place open. Besides, where else can you find a runway like that for practice?

If this is true, we eastern Pa folk need to do something to try to keep it from happening. A fly in dinner perhaps?

Any info on Kutztown closing would be most appreciated.

Jim G

grattonja said:
Any info on Kutztown closing would be most appreciated.

Jim G

Jim:

This is only one of the articles that I've seen on the Kutztown closing. Would be a shame. Love the diner and that dip in the middle of the runway has led to some..uhh interesting landings.

Gary

airplane_cessna.gif
KUTZTOWN, Pa. (AP)
The future of Kutztown Airport is
up in the air.

The owner of the property isn't
going to renew the ten-year lease
on the 90 acres in Maxatawny Township.

Officials learned of the decision a
week before the airport's 60th anniversary.

Nicholas Prikis of Kutztown has owned
the site for 12 years. He says he's
willing to allow the airport to stay in
operation through its busy summer season
but wants it to close by September or
October.

Prikis says he doesn't have another
tenant but doesn't want to commit to
another ten-year lease.

Officials are asking the state Department
of Transportation's Bureau of Aviation to
conduct a feasibility study of other possible
locations nearby.

The airport was officially opened as the
Kutztown Airpark on May 30th, 1945.

It has more than 20 employees and about
47 people have planes in hangars there.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Hey folks - I really need to spend more time on this site! The "new" FBO is now open nearly 7 months. We have two 2005 C-172s with the Garmin 1000 plus a steam gauge C172.

Gary never told me whether he took a ride in one of the new 172s - but I (and my partners) appreciate the kind words. He should consider this post a gift certificate for a ride one Sunday morning - he won't even have to buy breakfast :>)

Ya'll stop up to see the new planes - and the newly reburbished FBO - we'd love to have the company! ...\ jack \ partner: Upper Bucks Aviation Center, Quakertown Airport

MooneyJack said:
Hey folks - I really need to spend more time on this site! The "new" FBO is now open nearly 7 months. We have two 2005 C-172s with the Garmin 1000 plus a steam gauge C172.

Hi Jack! Glad to see you on the board! A great bunch of people here. No doubt about it, UKT is a busier place now, and that's good, it was a bit dead for a while!

Happy New Year!

Gary

Back