New FBO at KILM (Wilmington, NC)

FlyGirlKHWO

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FlyGirl
AviatMall (the online aviation supply site) has just opened a new FBO at KILM for those flying into Wilmington, NC...

JetA, 100LL at good prices, hangar space, maintenance, pilot lounge and a flight school to come.

I just attended an Open House there on Saturday, and they're a friendly bunch trying extra hard to attract good GA and corporate customers.

Check them out!

Yes, do!

Just be sure to tell ATC/Ground you want AviatMall. If you just say "the FBO" by habit they will likely turn you to the wrong side of the field (toward the older, other FBO.)

Think you'll like Aviat's style!

I am glad to hear this. The two fbo's currently on the field were not very inviting to my little plane. Made me feel unwanted. Last time I flew south, went past them to Cape Fear (KSUT). Mucho better.

I wish them well

I'd heard about the open house last weekend. I was disappointed when I'd heard the previous FBO/flight school there was closing, so I'm really glad someone new has moved in! More GA in the area is always a good thing.

Allison, maybe I'll see you around KSUT sometime. :)

Brunswick is a good school!

My hubby and I both take some lessons with Ken Norris there every once in while, just to keep honing the skills. I flew with him today, in fact.

How many hours do you have?

26.8 so far. I just did my first solo XC a couple weeks ago. I love everyone at Brunswick Air. I've flown with Ken a couple of times, he's a great guy. My primary instructor is Jan Scearce.

@FlyGirlKHWO I know this thread is old, but any update on this new FBO? I might be heading there this weekend and was wondering which fbo I should go to. thanks!

Sadly, the AviatMall FBO has closed at ILM. :( So Air Wilmington is your only choice, though I have no complaints with them either. They've been good to me (and the flying club I belong to). :)

Sadly, the AviatMall FBO has closed at ILM. :( So Air Wilmington is your only choice, though I have no complaints with them either. They've been good to me (and the flying club I belong to). :)

thanks. I flew there this past weekend. air wilmington charged us $15 and we were there for about 3 hours. not cool. otherwise the place was nice.

That is the problem with Air Wilmington. Since my club's planes are based there, I don't have the fees to contend with but yeah, I understand.

Back