New England Members of POA

JasonCT

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JasonCT
Show of hands!

With the sucsess and really large showing of CO members from this thread, http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55404 , I thought we could see how many of us are here from the New England states.

CT Arrow
numl0ck
JasonCT
MassPilot
Marcoseddi*
Mafoo
Steve Foley
Corey
JeffInBoston
Aunt Peggy
Bob Noel
AbadmB
Tracey
Skip Miller*
bestforwardspeed
camanche pilot*
~John
jspilot*
Harley Reich

*honorary member

Last edited:
Add me to the list. I live in the Boston suburbs. I currently fly out of 1B9 and I plan on getting checked out at 6B6 soon.

Add me to the list. I live in the Boston suburbs. I currently fly out of 1B9 and I plan on getting checked out at 6B6 soon.

I love Minute Man, and Mansfield was the first place I ever experienced wind shear :yikes:

Keep us posted on your progress!

I also fly out of 1B9 (Mansfield, MA). I might even know MassPilot if I could figure out his/her name ;)

Jeff

I'm glad you chose to spell out New England in the title ... makes the Husker fans mad when you assume NE means ANYTHING but Go Huskers! :)

I'm based at KBED.... well, I was until I sold my airplane. :-(

Did I ever tell you my New England story?

In grade school I had to do a report on New England. The first thing I did was get out a map. I kind of new where it was, but not exactly where - somewhere between Maine and New Hampshire. It was one of those States that I used in order to come up with close to 50 of them on quizzes (in addition to Arkansaw.)

I'll be damned if I didn't spend an hour looking for the State of New England. I couldn't find it anywhere on the map. I finally asked pops and got skooled on the whole New England thing.

Don't forget AdamB ( and infrequent poster but good guy out of LWM) and Tracey ( where are you we miss you)

Born and raised in Connecticut, learned to fly at KBDR. Now I live in NYC and fly out of White Plains so I guess I don't qualify. But I still think of myself as a New Englander!

-Skip

Born and raised in Connecticut, learned to fly at KBDR. Now I live in NYC and fly out of White Plains so I guess I don't qualify. But I still think of myself as a New Englander!

-Skip

Oh man with that pedigree you've def. earned the "honorary" membership. Welcome :D

Lived in Marlborough CT from 1992-2010 - flew from IJD from 2002-2010.

bestforwardspeed [Andrew] works in East Hartford and lives in the area as well -

Been a Red Sox fan since 1996 . . . you cain't be from New England and be a Yankee fan . . . such is the true test of being a 'yankee' . . . ay yup.

Nice to know there are so many around here!!

Did I ever tell you my New England story?

In grade school I had to do a report on New England. The first thing I did was get out a map. I kind of new where it was, but not exactly where - somewhere between Maine and New Hampshire. It was one of those States that I used in order to come up with close to 50 of them on quizzes (in addition to Arkansaw.)

I'll be damned if I didn't spend an hour looking for the State of New England. I couldn't find it anywhere on the map. I finally asked pops and got skooled on the whole New England thing.
I went to college in Chicago and when I told people I was from Connecticut, they usually looked at me with a blank face and then followed up with "Is that near New York?" :rolleyes2:

I guess we're spoiled with the fact that we can drive through 4-5 states in 4-5 hours. Peronally, I love it.

Home field is Marshfield Ma. I am about 17 miles west of the airport, close to Cranland. I started training with Powell Aviation in Mansfield who later sold out to the Kings (from Taunton Ma) in what? 1992. I did my solo in one of their C152s.
Currently, I am taking lessons in Norwood in a Schweizer 300. In fact, my last trip to Mansfield was in said helicopter, 398SH. We were trying to duck a storm running through the area and ended up flying through a fast moving shower sans doors.

Does Long Island count as New England? I know people consider it it's own world but if the powers that be count it I'm in, although I am a Yankee fan so that probably disqualifies me in many of the true New England guys eyes.:D

Flying out of KISP right now.

Does Long Island count as New England? I know people consider it it's own world but if the powers that be count it I'm in, although I am a Yankee fan so that probably disqualifies me in many of the true New England guys eyes.:D

Welcome aboard and technically you're part of the "mid-Atlantic" states, but would love to have you at some of our events when we get organized enough to start scheduling them that is :)

Home field is Marshfield Ma. I am about 17 miles west of the airport, close to Cranland. I started training with Powell Aviation in Mansfield who later sold out to the Kings (from Taunton Ma) in what? 1992. I did my solo in one of their C152s.
Currently, I am taking lessons in Norwood in a Schweizer 300. In fact, my last trip to Mansfield was in said helicopter, 398SH. We were trying to duck a storm running through the area and ended up flying through a fast moving shower sans doors.

That sounds like a hoot John!

There is a newer PoA member map that you may wish to consider using to advertise your geographical locations (the older one vanished when the company that hosted it went out of business.) I took the liberty of creating the new one and announced it here:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1024813#post1024813

The actual map is here:

http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=451754

Just click on the menu item "Additions" and then "Add Marker - Simple" or "Add Marker - Detailed". Depends on how much info you want to include; most may find "simple" adequate - you can even attach a photo with "simple".

You should be able to go back and edit your marker's content or location - so long as you do it using the same browser you used to create it (I believe zeemaps uses a stored cookie to determine who may edit a marker, but I haven't checked that.) Otherwise you need to contact me and ask me to edit or remove a marker you discover you can no longer edit.

That sounds like a hoot John!
Summer flying is without doors. In fact, most of November was without doors this year. I think we had them off in April. The tough part was I was half way through primary training and was spending most of the time near the ground. That canopy makes for a great heat maker in the full sun.

Welcome aboard and technically you're part of the "mid-Atlantic" states, but would love to have you at some of our events when we get organized enough to start scheduling them that is :)

Hey that's great! It's always strange to me that New York is a mid Atlantic state when it is just as far north in spots as many New England states. Each year I teach about the 13 colonies to my 7th grade history students they are always shocked to learn that New York was a middle colony and not a New England colony. Anyway, nice to be included in the group.

You are correct.

I thought I responded via my laptop; probably didn't push the Post button. I'm based at Wiscasset, Maine KIWI, as can be seen in my photo from above U.S. route #1(and almost on Final).

HR

Attachments

• KIWI_1.jpg
    KIWI_1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • KIWI_3.jpg
    KIWI_3.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 6
Back